What could K. Briles do with our receiving corps

Based on an article on tomohawk nation, FSU is not quick to pull the trigger on Briles either. Conjecture is that while they would take a PR hit for him coming, he also wants to bring some assistants that might not fit what Taggart wants. So it seems like its not only UT has an issue with who Briles wants to bring.
Sounds like KB has been reading too many internet articles and thinks he’s God’s gift to football.

Wide receiver is going to be a strength of our team next year. K Briles likes to air it out, CJP likes to pound the rock. Is CJP willing to sacrifice some of the running game next year so the passing game can become a focal point? If so, is Briles the guy? If Pruitt wants to air it out more I think Briles is our guy, just wanted to see what everybody else was thinking..

Briles likes to pound the rock too fyi. Whole point of his spread offense is to create running lanes.

Reactions: igotworms
As I've watched games to get an idea about OC candidates--OkStU, Houston, NCSt, etc--that's been one thing that's stood out. It's crazy to see the outstanding WR play by those big play offenses, compared to ours.

Because their scheme works to get them open. Can assure you Houston, FAU, etc aren't outrecruiting us at wr.

Don't want. No more of that hurry up, two-hand touch, sissy flag football. If you want the scoreboard to ring up like a pin ball machine then go to an arcade. That's not football. More like a game invented by a Northern left wing liberal trying to change a game to make it 'more interesting' to them. Best baseball game score is a 1-0 pitchers dual. Best hockey game 1-0 or 2-1. Football 24-21, certainly not 48 to 42.

Lol this is the wrong sport for you then. Good teams SCORE A LOT and keep their opponents from scoring. Jeez that makes a lot of sense, huh?

lol really? Look at the playoff teams, all scoring 40+ and chucking it around. It ain't 1950. No Arkansas or Wisconsins in the playoffs.
You seem to think a team has to line up in the Power-I in order to impose their will in the run game.

Our offensive philosophy is similar to UGA and Alabama’s and it will continue to be because that’s what wins championships. Oklahoma is where they are because their QB is a freak. Without him they’re 8-4.

Not sure what WR corps you have been watching. I see one player who is tough enough to go across the middle and make the tough catches in traffic. I see another one who can go up and catch 50-50 balls. I don't see enough speed to stretch a defense and after #15 and #1, I don't see any WRs who are consistent at catching the ball. Plus, none of UT's receivers can get separation against good teams.

The WR corps as a whole were way overrated this past year.

This ^^^

Wide receiver is going to be a strength of our team next year. K Briles likes to air it out, CJP likes to pound the rock. Is CJP willing to sacrifice some of the running game next year so the passing game can become a focal point? If so, is Briles the guy? If Pruitt wants to air it out more I think Briles is our guy, just wanted to see what everybody else was thinking..

Can he make them faster? If not, then just make Jennings a freakin' Tight End.

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
Not sure how old you are but you might quit watching football fairly soon. The game is now designed for high scoring.

Football has definately changed. In todays football you cannot win against the better teams with a primary run offense. You have to be able to pass the football. Yes you need a balanced attack but if you are not good in the passing game you are not going to win conference championships. Sticking to the run game primarily is why Les Miles was fired at LSU. Yes you can win 8 to 9 games this way, but no championship. A few years ago, Ala. was able to do this, but with superior talent. Even Ala. can't do it currently. This is just my opinion

Lol this is the wrong sport for you then. Good teams SCORE A LOT and keep their opponents from scoring. Jeez that makes a lot of sense, huh?

Not gona win an sec conference championship game in todays football scoring 24 points.

Don't want. No more of that hurry up, two-hand touch, sissy flag football. If you want the scoreboard to ring up like a pin ball machine then go to an arcade. That's not football. More like a game invented by a Northern left wing liberal trying to change a game to make it 'more interesting' to them. Best baseball game score is a 1-0 pitchers dual. Best hockey game 1-0 or 2-1. Football 24-21, certainly not 48 to 42.

Absolutely. Football isn't basketball, and neither is basketball as it exists today. Flashy things keep simple minds happy.

Because their scheme works to get them open. Can assure you Houston, FAU, etc aren't outrecruiting us at wr.

What WR on our team would you say has really good speed? I have watched Houston and FAU play. Their WRs look much faster. Not saying they are overall better but they look faster. Also, lets not forget how badly our WRs drop passes. While they do make some tough catches, they drop a lot of passes. The TEs do to.

Rumor has it that Pruitt isnt a fan of scoring points. Hed rather stop the other team from scoring alot and tell his o to run it up the middle until it works

Rumor is you're a Bama troll, hence the name. No true UT fan would consider putting Bama in his name. Now that you've been outed, how about start supporting the coach and quit whining since your choice isn't here.

:mad:

Reactions: AM64
Rumor is you're a Bama troll, hence the name. No true UT fan would consider putting Bama in his name. Now that you've been outed, how about start supporting the coach and quit whining since your choice isn't here.

:mad:
Just like Dooley and Butch, odds of remaining coach are not looking good. Big reason why he (Pruitt) better hire a good OC, is to hide his coaching deficiencies.

Reactions: Titan05
Just like Dooley and Butch, odds of remaining coach are not looking good. Big reason why he (Pruitt) better hire a good OC, is to hide his coaching deficiencies.

After one year playing with mostly with Butch's players, it would seem you have little faith to lose; and honestly giving you credit for having little faith instead of little analytical ability is doing you a favor.

After one year playing with mostly with Butch's players, it would seem you have little faith to lose; and honestly giving you credit for having little faith instead of little analytical ability is doing you a favor.
And Butch had the guys Dooley left behind! When will the sad excuses for poor coaching end with some of you? Again, he better knock the OC hire out of the park or start working on his exit strategy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titan05
And Butch had the guys Dooley left behind! When will the sad excuses for poor coaching end with some of you?

I don't know, but when will some of you quit blaming the current staff for the sins of the past coaches and ADs?

VN Store

Back