What can I send CJC for ChristX....

For Chavis for Xmas...

An offensive coordinator

or

More Kevin Simons

or

Fewer Rashad Bakers

Cincinnati has asked permission to talk to him about their head coaching position.

:(

If we lose Chavis I may just "forget" to watch football next year. Nah, not really, but I cannot think of anybody to replace him.

Coach Chavis - DON'T LEAVE US!!

Originally posted by vol_freak@Dec 13 2003, 01:01 AM
Cincinnati has asked permission to talk to him about their head coaching position.

:(

WOW....first I've heard of this....that would be a huge blow. The Vol D is young and will be very good next year!

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Dec 13 2003, 12:03 AM
If we lose Chavis I may just "forget" to watch football next year. Nah, not really, but I cannot think of anybody to replace him.

Coach Chavis - DON'T LEAVE US!!

Dan Brooks would be our D-Coordinator if Chavis leaves. I like Brooks, but I would really hate to see Chais leave.

Speaking of things I hate to see, did I see where Chis Leak won the SEC Freshman of the year??? I think someone told me that but maybe I was having a bad dream.

Cincinnati contacts UT's Chavis
By MIKE GRIFFITH, knsgriff@aol.com
December 11, 2003

Tennessee defensive coordinator and assistant head coach John Chavis has been contacted about the head-coaching vacancy at the University of Cincinnati.

Chavis, 47, turned down opportunities to become an assistant coach in the NFL with the Indianapolis Colts following the 1998 season and most recently the Houston Texans two years ago.

"Certainly I'd be interested," Chavis said. "I don't know where they are in their process right now."

Last year, East Carolina expressed some interest in Chavis for its head-coaching vacancy, though he never interviewed.

Cincinnati coach Rick Minter was fired Dec. 1 after the Bearcats finished the season 5-7. Minter took over the Cincinnati program in 1994.

Former Nebraska coach Frank Solich has also had his name attached to the Bearcats' opening, though he has yet to interview or comment publicly on his interest or lack thereof.

VN Store

Back