What are some things we need to fix for the next game?

Great win, but to improve we need to make some changes. What would those be at this point?

No expert here but I thought we wasted enough time at the end of the 1st half to have at least gotten 1 more play in. Clock management might could have been better with 3 timeouts left.

Super happy with what I'm seeing but if we're gonna nitpick.

need to cover the middle of the field on passing downs

Over the middle defense. Get Tiyon Evans back for this game. Without him we lose period.
Over the middle is a big issue. I kept mentioning that in the game day thread....
Improve our guys not going down on extra points plays 😁

It’s just depth mostly. Guys are getting gassed and hurt bc they really have no quality backup, so they are getting crazy high minutes and laying it on the line. So proud of the players though, they are making UT relevant again.

Reactions: 1 in 102 455
Time management at the end of the 2nd quarter. No reason at all to take timeouts into the locker room. We settled for a FG because time ran out, when a TD was on the table.

Play 4 qtrs, conservative play beginning at the end of 2nd qtr. Against a really good team if we were fortunate enough to get a big lead. No lead is big enough in the first half. Coach knew what he was doing on clock management he just went conservative. Play 4 qtrs the same way regardless of the score.

Last edited:
I'm gonna fix some chicken and tater salad for the next game. Everybody bring something. OH, and don't forget the popcorn.

Something that no one is talking about to pay attention to for the rest of the season is receivers getting off the line against press coverage. It was talking about briefly in the preseason as an area of weakness and South Carolina exposed started getting into press coverage in the 2nd half. May not be a big deal but teams now have a little film on it and it may be a problem moving forward. We'll have to see.

VN Store

Back