What Album Has No Bad Songs?

I've got a little different taste but I've seen a lot here that I agree with. These are whole albums I have saved on Spotify. Kind of all over the place, genre-wise.

Thrice has a couple of great albums where I don't skip anything-
Artist in the Ambulance (the Revisited version is even better)
Vheissu

Radiohead has a ton as well-
OK Computer
Kid A
In Rainbows
A Moon Shaped Pool

Weezer- Blue Album
Led Zeppelin IV (my first CD)
The Shins- Oh, Inverted World (amazing live show, too)
Friendly Fires- Pala
Sturgill Simpson- Ballad of Dood & Juanita
Atreyu- A Death Grip on Yesterday
Jungle- Jungle
Drake- More Life
Bombay Bicycle Club- So Long, See You Tomorrow
Disclosure- Settle
Washed Out- Purple Noon
Haim- Days Are Gone
Kendrick Lamar- good kid, m.A.A.d. city
Vampire Weekend- Contra
Tool- 10,000 Days
Aesop Rock- None Shall Pass
HONNE- Love Me/Love Me Not
Grade A

Pretty much anything by StereoNoggin is hard to find a bad song on.

Blue Album, Weezer, Shins, Jungle, Zepp, Bombay, Washed Out but I'd go with earlier albums jmo, Disclosure yes, could choose almost any Vampire Weekend album tbh, Tool yes'sa, have never gotten into Aesop but wanted to. Like some Drake, but tbh don't know that album...the more I think about it all of his albums have been hit or miss for me. Kendrick MAAD - 100% hit rate.

Thrice is taking me way back to Thursday. Had a really good Thrice album as well - Ambulance sounds about right.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD and ButchPlz
Upon further thought I'll add:

Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Omnium Gatherum

MF DOOM - MM...Food

And maybe most definitively an album with a 100% hit rate...the infamous album:

The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium

Reactions: MAD
Sabbath - Sabotage
Stones - Sticky Fingers, Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed
Zep - Physical Graffiti, Presence
Tedeschi Trucks - Revelator
Jeff Beck - Truth
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres, Fandango
Who - Who's Next
Floyd - Wish You Were Here, Animals
AC/DC - Powerage
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Allman Bros - Eat a Peach
Little Feat - Time Loves a Hero, Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Social Distortion - Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
Offspring - Americana, Conspiracy of One
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold
Creedence - Cosmo's Factory, Willy and the Poor Boys
Lou Reed - Rock and Roll Animal
Deep Purple - Machine Head

GOD YES! Thank you for NOT listing Back In Black! I enjoy that album too but I've been saying for years that Powerage is ACDC's best studio album!

Reactions: MAD and EasternVol
Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Steely Dan - Aja
Paul Anka - Rock Swings (you got to like big band music to appreciate)

Listening to this right now. My brother-in-law did graduate studies in sound engineering and he said they spent a whole semester on Steely Dan because those dudes were masters of the studio.

Listening to this right now. My brother-in-law did graduate studies in sound engineering and he said they spent a whole semester on Steely Dan because those dudes were masters of the studio.
Like most here I like the albums that I listened when I was young(18-30). I liked all their albums in the 70s before Aja. I think Aja was somewhat of a new direction for them.
As I recall they toured very little in the 70s because they preferred the studio.
From their first album:

Reactions: n_huffhines and MAD
I feel like a lot of these lists are not in the true spirit of the OP.

Not great albums of which I agree with very many Ive seen...but an album with not a single bad song. That is very different. Not one song where you go, meh...or fast forward or can tell its pretty much a filler song. .

You can still have a great album with a couple of bad songs is my point.

Albums with not one single bad song are very very rare.

I feel like a lot of these lists are not in the true spirit of the OP.

Not great albums of which I agree with very many Ive seen...but an album with not a single bad song. That is very different. Not one song where you go, meh...or fast forward or can tell its pretty much a filler song. .

You can still have a great album with a couple of bad songs is my point.

Albums with not one single bad song are very very rare.

Perhaps if you are talking about technical issues, but most here including me are mentioning music that appeals to them.
I'm not going to listen to an album today that I liked years ago to see if there is "1 bad song" on it. It's just a personal opinion.
The technical issues are for the experts.

Perhaps if you are talking about technical issues, but most here including me are mentioning music that appeals to them.
I'm not going to listen to an album today that I liked years ago to see if there is "1 bad song" on it. It's just a personal opinion.
I see Newt's point though - this is a very niche discussion. I tried to think solely about OP's parameter, but it is a unique one.

For example, some of the greatest albums of all time may not fit here. There a few that are 90% elite and 10% wth happened there, but are still great because they produced 5 singles or what the hell ever. Some Michael Jackson albums could go there. Otoh some extremely mediocre albums could fit here. As long as they don't have a bad song.

David Bowie- Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars
Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
Willie Nelson- Tougher then Leather
Almost any Beatle album

Last edited:
Reactions: Devo182 and MAD
One of the best albums ever: The White Album by the Beatles. It has a bad song, "Revolution 9".
Number 9, Number9, Number 9------------
JMO, but "Bad" is probably not a strong enough word.

Even Charles Manson liked The Whte album.

Reactions: JCP201 and MAD
One of the best albums ever: The White Album by the Beatles. It has a bad song, "Revolution 9".
Number 9, Number9, Number 9------------
JMO, but "Bad" is probably not a strong enough word.

Even Charles Manson liked The Whte album.

That one immediately came to mind, except for the number 9 song which is one of nightmares. (probably gave Manson many creepy ideas)

Reactions: Go aeiou

Not speaking from a technical standpoint at all. Just subjectively if you love it as much as every single other song on the album. Its tough to have an album be wall to wall amazing. Pink Floyd did it more than anyone else but that is because their music is a tapestry that weaves together. I find it hard to believe albums that are full of a dozen or so 3 minute songs can say that.

Not speaking from a technical standpoint at all. Just subjectively if you love it as much as every single other song on the album. Its tough to have an album be wall to wall amazing. Pink Floyd did it more than anyone else but that is because their music is a tapestry that weaves together. I find it hard to believe albums that are full of a dozen or so 3 minute songs can say that.
For me, if I can put an album on repeat and I enjoy every song without having to skip a track, it makes my list.

I had to look. Steely Dan's "Can't Buy a Thrill" and "Countdown to Ectasy" have songs that average 4 and 5 minutes respectively. Maybe the somewhat longer songs is part of why I like them. I also looked at the first Led Zep album. It is similar. Might partially be why I like those two bands and Pink Floyd.
OTOH, the Beatles pulled off the short song album in Abbey Rd. Probably other albums?

Last edited:
Reactions: bignewt
Taking a trip back to my glory years: DMB Under the Table and Dreaming doesn't have a single track I skip.

VN Store

Back