What actually happens on official visits at Tennessee?

Pretty impressive article. Definitely not something you get other places.
Ridiculous amounts of food and money spent.

They have the cheapskate option that I take. Download their app and get a limited amount of free articles every month.

Last edited:
The Athletic is the only subscription I pay for and it’s well worth it. I follow some of the national guys along with the guys who cover my teams. It’s not expensive either.

A huge sinkhole just opened up on campus near the Science and engineering building:

d7b04437-f445-4218-ac0d-8d7a590a4916-sinkhole_13.JPG

For some reason that reminds me of this thread. :p

Did Oprah fall again?

Hey Smokey! Sorry you were disappointed, but we make a point at The Athletic to produce high-quality, in-depth work that our subscribers feel is worth paying for. Our business model is a bit different than most media outlets, and that allows our work to be different, too. Here's why we charge for access, and more about us.

If you're interested in giving us a shot, we do also offer free trials.
No worries David, I have used the free trial. I honestly think you are one of the best outlets and you personally are an Ace writer. I really enjoy your articles and agree it is the most in-depth as well as substantive work around. Really enjoy your work. Just don’t want another subscription to anything.

I thought this would click through to the Penthouse Forum. I guess you have to follow Ole Miss recruiting for that these days....

The dead period is over, and players can start making visits to campus. But what actually happens from the time players arrive until the time they leave?

We used open records and interviews to reconstruct a crucial recruiting weekend down to the hour. Future Tennessee commits Omari Thomas and Key Lawrence were there. So was Jay Hardy, Jimmy Calloway, Tee Hodge and Jabari Small. There's more food than anyone could ask for, a yacht, a photoshoot, a loose 1 a.m. curfew and Sunday morning breakfast at Jeremy Pruitt's house.

"You want to have fun, but at the same time, it's a business trip."

Inside a crucial 36 hours for the future of Tennessee's program.
When I was there a trip to the Last Lap was a guarantee!

Reactions: VolsnRavens
The dead period is over, and players can start making visits to campus. But what actually happens from the time players arrive until the time they leave?

We used open records and interviews to reconstruct a crucial recruiting weekend down to the hour. Future Tennessee commits Omari Thomas and Key Lawrence were there. So was Jay Hardy, Jimmy Calloway, Tee Hodge and Jabari Small. There's more food than anyone could ask for, a yacht, a photoshoot, a loose 1 a.m. curfew and Sunday morning breakfast at Jeremy Pruitt's house.

"You want to have fun, but at the same time, it's a business trip."

Inside a crucial 36 hours for the future of Tennessee's program.

Totally worth the annual subscription, I really enjoy the coverage. The Moose Story a while back alone was worth it.

The Last Lap.. WOW, you are OLD... Did you see me in there playing asteroids? Loved that place. Bet you hung at the Maltese Falcon too.
I worked there 93-95 until I graduated. Drank underage there before that. It was there long before I started at UT in 90. Ivey’s was still there and the usuals like Tap Room, Hawkeyes and OCI.

Reactions: KELSOWAVOL
I worked there 93-95 until I graduated. Drank underage there before that. It was there long before I started at UT in 90. Ivey’s was still there and the usuals like Tap Room, Hawkeyes and OCI.
I was in there '75-'80. Maltese Falcon was in Shelbourne towers. Tap Room was good. There was a laundrymat adjacent where I did laundry and went to the Tap room while the stuff was drying.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back