What actually happened with Young's fumble at the goal line?

If you look at the replay , Young look like he got hit pretty hard or somethikg and the team was helping him up. Holding on to him to stand it looked to me . It didn’t look like a celebration more like them showing concern for Young . Maybe me drinking to much but I swear it looked like he was shaken up on that fumble play. Also , there wasn’t a clear recovery. Seems like we get the crapped on every weekend against ranked opponents.

The ball clearly starts moving before it reaches the goal line…….therefore it’s definitely a fumble.

Regardless of what happened, a Tennessee player came up with the ball.

In replay they can’t go by “we’ll he might have fell back on the ball” or even “he probably fell on the ball”…….it’s doesn’t go by “mights” “wishes” hopes and dreams……it’s “video evidence”……….therefore it has to go back to Tennessee coming up with the ball.
Surely by now we have all learned it does go by “ mights, wishes, hopes and dreams” when Birmingham, aka SEC mafia, reviews one of Bama‘s potential miscues.

They actually didn’t call a fumble. Because a touchdown was the initial call, and the official said it’s stands which mean they couldn’t “prove” that he fumbled.

If they would have called a fumble and a recovery by Alabama in the end zone that’s how the official would have worded it after replay was over
When the entire world watching the game saw the replay in slow motion and saw that Young did fumble before crossing the plane.

They actually didn’t call a fumble. Because a touchdown was the initial call, and the official said it’s stands which mean they couldn’t “prove” that he fumbled.

If they would have called a fumble and a recovery by Alabama in the end zone that’s how the official would have worded it after replay was over
And of course the bummer goon replay squad are not going to prove it - it hurts their team.

Reactions: 12 Monkeys
And we weren't charged a TO, i don't know what Heupel was upset about there.
I thought he was mad because the refs were going to make Tennessee use a timeout and and only the booth stepped in to review and save his timeout. I figured he was saying thats ridiculous on a scoring play that close that he almost had to risk his timeout. That never happens. He knew at that point he wasn't being charged a timeout but out of principle all questionable scoringbplays go to review and the defensive teams dont have to risk their timeouts. But just like you I guys. I was trying to read his lips but wasnt sure what he said but pointing with "his thumb to up there" is what makes me think that. My other wonder was maybe be saw a dirty play in the review and he was saying that player needs to be ejected. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Because we got screwed again. We recovered the fumble. It’s just obvious in your face.
I don't know how you give this to UT? The ball is under his arm though they did later take it away from him Once he fell on it wouldn't it be a TD?.Fumble.png

Attachments

• F .jpg
    F .jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 41
Actually the referee said the call of touchdown was CONFIRMED. And if the ESPN jokers could've shut their trap long enough for everyone to hear, he went on to say that it was confirmed because Alabama recovered the ball in the end zone.

Also, if McElroy had a clue what he was talking about, he would've known that Heup wasn't arguing that he needed his time out back. The referee clearly said "Tennessee will not be charged a time out." Heup was arguing that the ruling was, in his words (and quite correctly) "********."

I'm surprised by how many people commenting on this thread don't know how football or replay works. Once it's established that there's a fumble, if there isn't irrefutable evidence of a recovery, it goes to who comes out of the pile with the ball...which was Tennessee. There absolutely was no evidence that Young made a clear recovery, but the officials looked at the replay for less than 30 seconds before determining that Young did make a clear recovery. Yet another screw job, which has become the norm.

This was very well written. For now, at least, I retract what I wrote above.

This is a Billion dollar league and like an employee tries to keep the narrative of what the company wants. The refs know the SEC wants 2 teams to be in the SECC with as few losses as possible ergo chance of 2 in the final 4. So we are working back to the team that will get the 50/50 calls & look the other way calls. Just getting there with these obstacles is very frustrating.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
I don't know how you give this to UT? The ball is under his arm though they did later take it away from him Once he fell on it wouldn't it be a TD?.View attachment 405845

Pretty sure they showed one replay where the ball squirted out from under his arm on the backside and a UT player jumped on it. They only showed it once though.

It was hilarious to listen to the play by play guys try to make it sound like it wasn’t a fumble when it clearly was. Whey went away from showing the goal line view because it clearly showed a fumble. They kept showing the goal post view since it fit the Bama narrative.

That call changed the outcome of the game. In my opinion
Along with 3rd down conversion rates…UT 2 of 13, BAMA 15 of 20…along with the false starts and Banks penalty and 95 yds of penalty….along with a bad OL

Does anyone have an official word as to whether it was ruled a fumble or not? Did we or did we not lose a time out there? Was it ruled that Young recovered the ball? I'm looking for anyone on VN to cite proof of what happened there, I just don't know. Provide a link please. The commentators are so incredibly biased, the way they were saying it was "close" is just ridiculous.
"Official word"....bama got the call and the TD.

He fumbled. Honestly, I cannot tell who recovered from any of the camera angles they had. He was on top of the ball but I'm not sure how anyone could tell if he controlled it or not. The officials "confirming" it was ridiculous. But I'm not sure how they could have overturned it.

What game were you watching? The official said confirmed, then said it was a fumble that Young recovered himself, which he did. Don’t be that guy. Go rewatch it if you need to. They got it right.

Some of you are desperate to protect your narrative that officiating absolutely cannot be biased.

At no level of football have I ever seen what Young did "confirmed" to be possession of a ball after a fumble. Falling on it isn't possession. Having an arm around it isn't possession. You better have definitive video proof that he had it under control with at least one hand grasping the ball.

This is freaking Gaffney all over again. "He was down and put a hand on the ball: touchdown!"

He fumbled but recovered in the end zone. TD.
If it was ruled a fumble, and Young recovered, it should have been brought back to the spot of the fumble. Offense can’t advance on a fumble.

The only way Bama could get a TD would be if they ruled that he had possession crossing the plain, which I don’t think he had.

Either way, there was no way the refs were going to let Bama lose that game. That was obvious all night.

Pretty sure they showed one replay where the ball squirted out from under his arm on the backside and a UT player jumped on it. They only showed it once though.

It was hilarious to listen to the play by play guys try to make it sound like it wasn’t a fumble when it clearly was. Whey went away from showing the goal line view because it clearly showed a fumble. They kept showing the goal post view since it fit the Bama narrative.
I didnt hear the play by play. Just watched in slow motion. Young definitely fell on the ball (as the pics show) which made it a touchdown. Later you can see the one UT player lifting him up and I assume another took the ball away. But this was after the fact. He's definitely on top of the ball in the end zone.

VN Store

Back