What actually happened with Young's fumble at the goal line?

Does anyone have an official word as to whether it was ruled a fumble or not? Did we or did we not lose a time out there? Was it ruled that Young recovered the ball? I'm looking for anyone on VN to cite proof of what happened there, I just don't know. Provide a link please. The commentators are so incredibly biased, the way they were saying it was "close" is just ridiculous.

He fumbled on the 1/2 yd line. It was recovered by Tennessee for an Alabama td

Pretty much, didn't see a clear fumble recovery by Young, it looked like he "may of" fell back on it, but that's not how replay works. So shoulda been called a fumble and awarded to whoever had the ball after the pile was pulled apart, aka us.

Pretty much, didn't see a clear fumble recovery by Young, it looked like he "may of" fell back on it, but that's not how replay works. So shoulda been called a fumble and awarded to whoever had the ball after the pile was pulled apart, aka us.

That actually is how replay works. There must be incontrovertible evidence for the ruling on the field to be overturned.

That actually is how replay works. There must be incontrovertible evidence for the ruling on the field to be overturned.

They changed the call to a fumble but said Bryce recovered it for a TD. The original call was never a fumble. How was it clearly Bryce landed on it? If you change the call to a fumble, shouldn't you then go back and say "who had had the ball after the pile was pulled apart?". Because there certainly was no clear recovery by Bryce imo to say he for sure had the TD

They actually didn’t call a fumble. Because a touchdown was the initial call, and the official said it’s stands which mean they couldn’t “prove” that he fumbled.

If they would have called a fumble and a recovery by Alabama in the end zone that’s how the official would have worded it after replay was over

They changed the call to a fumble but said Bryce recovered it for a TD. The original call was never a fumble. How was it clearly Bryce landed on it? If you change the call to a fumble, shouldn't you then go back and say "who had had the ball after the pile was pulled apart?". Because there certainly was no clear recovery by Bryce imo to say he for sure had the TD
That call changed the outcome of the game. In my opinion

Yeah it seemed like ridiculous logic. They overturn… call the fumble…. How the heck did they award the recovery to Young??

There was not irrefutable evidence showing Young recovery it

That call changed the outcome of the game. In my opinion
Yeah it seemed like ridiculous logic. They overturn… call the fumble…. How the heck did they award the recovery to Young??

There was not irrefutable evidence showing Young recovery it

Whoever got burnt on that 3rd and 15 honestly did. You just hit a huge long TD pass to get right back in it, you have a 3rd and 15, should be an easy stop. Probably don't have enough to win in the end but the score is a lot more respectable

The ball clearly starts moving before it reaches the goal line…….therefore it’s definitely a fumble.

Regardless of what happened, a Tennessee player came up with the ball.

In replay they can’t go by “we’ll he might have fell back on the ball” or even “he probably fell on the ball”…….it’s doesn’t go by “mights” “wishes” hopes and dreams……it’s “video evidence”……….therefore it has to go back to Tennessee coming up with the ball.

You may be right. I admit I haven't seen the play myself yet -- I'm relying on the interpretation of the replay given by Hubbs, which Ryan found persuasive.

Reactions: mickey1969

VN Store

Back