What about UGA beating down Vandy!!

I know they shouldn’t overlook any team, but our team shouldn’t lose to Florida or Arkansas, not even close. Their game last night was painful to watch… some of the worst basketball I’ve seen from to SEC teams in a while. Both clubs have taken a step backwards this year.
Kenpom really likes Florida’s defense, ranking them 5th. They’ve allowed over 80 points once — to Florida State in their atrocious opener. Aside from that, though, they haven’t been blown out and they got a big win against Butler. It’s a game we should win, but could lose, if you know what I mean.

IMO, the big surprise is South Carolina. They took down Florida in Gainesville and then Miss State at home. Their overall record is terrible at 7-7, but they are 2-0 in conference play. Looks like they are on the upswing. I also think Ole Miss will be a tough opponent for anyone, after seeing them last night against Auburn. Coach Davis coaches similar to RB.

IMO, the big surprise is South Carolina. They took down Florida in Gainesville and then Miss State at home. Their overall record is terrible at 7-7, but they are 2-0 in conference play. Looks like they are on the upswing. I also think Ole Miss will be a tough opponent for anyone, after seeing them last night against Auburn. Coach Davis coaches similar to RB.

Ole Miss vs MSU will be interesting this weekend.

Reactions: VolAmerican
There was a lid on the goal for Arkansas, 15-50 from the field aint gonna get it done anywhere....even at home.
I'm trying to figure out if Ole Miss is good, at 12-2 with their two losses coming early...what is obvious though is Auburn lives and dies by the three....they took 39 3pt attempts!
Yeah, Auburn has regressed since this time last year. They jack up way too many from way beyond the arc; just crazy basketball.

Reactions: albedo33
They should look pretty good until Late February, when they come to Knoxville and leave with their butt having been kicked up around their ears.

Schedule says we play @ Ole Miss Feb 27th think we just play them once this year. Barring a SEC tournament matchup.

Vandy beats ASU and gets beat down by UGA, ASU beats Kansas, UT beats UGA like a drum, but loses to Kansas(although with the big center healthy). Just saying all that to say UT this season is special and we as fans better enjoy this team. Can you imagine if UT makes the Final 4? I am saving up and picking up extra serving shifts to make sure I will be there if UT makes its first Final Four. GBO!
Does that mean we suck again?

Kermit Davis has Ole Miss looking good. He made MTSU into something special and looks like he’s got Ole Miss on the right track. That was a great hire for them.
I agree. Kermit Davis is an outstanding coach. He will get a job with a traditional powerhouse school in the near future.

Yeah, Auburn has regressed since this time last year. They jack up way too many from way beyond the arc; just crazy basketball.
That is CBP'S offense. His press defense often leads to fast breaks, but usually most of the scoring comes from jacking up 3's late in the shot clock. I loved Bruce's time here, but his offense was head scratching at time. It's why we would lose some head scratchers because we lived and died by the 3. When shots were falling we could beat anyone, when they weren't we could lose to anyone. Chris Lofton and J Smith helped mask this a lot because they rarely had off shooting nights.

The reason above is why this team is my absolute FAVORITE UT team ever. We can have a star player have an off night or get in foul trouble, and still beat anyone. If shots aren't falling, they can pass the ball around and usually get easy points. This team is built for the tournament.

VN Store

Back