What about O-line?

ivtec_jrod

With the horrible rushing attack we possesed this year are we not looking hard to put some studs up on the front line or do we have a lot of depth in that area?

Ramon Foster
Michael Frogg
Ramone Johnson
Steven Jones
Cameron Mayo
Jacques McClendon
Josh McNeil
Darius Myers
Anthony Parker
Vladimir Richard
Chris Scott
Eric Young

Cam Mayo seems like a nothing. I haven't heard anything about him since he was recruited.

Cam Mayo seems like a nothing. I haven't heard anything about him since he was recruited.

I saw him play, actually I worked a TV camara in a game he played in High School and wasn't terribly impressed but in his defense he has been hurt ever since he got to UT.

the problem with our running game was we had no fullback. Look at the teams in the SEC with a strong running game and each had an above average fullback. We also had a pretty average pair of guards in Parker and Ligon.

As far as recruiting we're pretty deep at the OL, Fulmer even said himself that the players behind the starters on the depth chart were more talented. Don't see how that lineup is ugly; Scott, McNeil, and McClendon were all HS AA and will all probably start. Vlad Richard has all kinds of potential, hopefully he'll unseat Parker.

Also Dan Williams is a DT, not a guard HV.

Yes, I know that, but there have been talks of moving him to OG because he hasn't panned out at DT like the coaches wanted. A move is almost inevitable after landing 3 DTs(and possibly a 4th).

uggh that lineup that guy posted is ugly... im not inspired at all. Sawtelle is overrated too.

Well, then that means you dont know much about those players in the list. That is a very talented group of young OL.

Chattownsfinest, there has been a lot of talk about Williams moving to OL. I think that is what he was talking about. I guess at this point he is still a DL. But, as soon as we know exactly who signs on the dotted line with this class he is likely to move to the offensive side of the ball. Although, I don't think it makes much difference because I don't know if he will ever crack the 2-deep on the OL.

the problem with our running game was we had no fullback. Look at the teams in the SEC with a strong running game and each had an above average fullback. We also had a pretty average pair of guards in Parker and Ligon.

Yah Ligdon was a total bust. But no fullback? Did you watch Corey Anderson dominate at that Senior Bowl? He'll probably get drafted!!

One thing that I do like about the youn O-linemen. Their minds weren't infected by Jimmy Ray Stevens for too long.

VN Store

Back