What’s the likelihood that we see civil unrest soon?

You fight the dumbest ****. Beginning to think you eat paste. It's really funny.

He was literally responding to you mentioning trump. Maybe you missed his point.
... but I only quoted him on the portion of his post which was relevant to my point.

It'll be interesting if this court takes on mandates, and which way they might rule. Be it state or federal. A ruling that says the government can tell you what to do to your body may not bode well for abortion proponents. It's either my body my choice or it's not.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It'll be interesting if this court takes on mandates, and which way they might rule. Be it state or federal. A ruling that says the government can tell you what to do to your body may not bode well for abortion proponents. It's either my body my choice or it's not.
I don't think the two can be intertwined. In the case of Jacobson v Massachusetts, which I mentioned earlier, the court ruled that because it was the government's duty to protect public health, and because the mandate applied equally to all adults, it did not violate the Equal Protection Clause. Basically, the government can tell you what to do with your body... but in the opinion of Justice John Marshall Harlan, only if the regulation in question was ....

"... necessary in order to protect the public health and secure the public safety." - Justice Harlan

Obviously. that wouldn't apply to abortion rights.

I don't think the two can be intertwined. In the case of Jacobson v Massachusetts, which I mentioned earlier, the court ruled that because it was the government's duty to protect public health, and because the mandate applied equally to all adults, it did not violate the Equal Protection Clause. Basically, the government can tell you what to do with your body... but in the opinion of Justice John Marshall Harlan, only if the regulation in question was ....

"... necessary in order to protect the public health and secure the public safety." - Justice Harlan

Obviously. that wouldn't apply to abortion rights.

If this court decides to take it up, we'll see how it plays out. I don't think the government should be regulating a person's body, and whether it be mandating vaccines or dealing with abortion, that's what they are doing.

He's not doing small government. He's being the polar opposite. You are doing the typical Republican thing on here. You hate government interfering with business until it is something you agree with. How about the government stop interfering?
Overall? I would be supportive. But until democrats stop trying to turn this country into a dictatorship, I’ll keep doing my republican thing. I actually enjoy being free and my governor seems to agree.

Reactions: VolinWayne
Is this civil unrest gonna happen before Christmas? I was just thinking I could save money on presents this year if I just picked the stuff up while looting. Potentially best Christmas ever.

Government overreach is mandates. Stopping those mandates is preserving freedom to choose for yourself. So yes, I applaud him.
He's mandating what businesses/schools/local govt can do. It's the opposite of what you describe

He's mandating what businesses/schools/local govt can do. It's the opposite of what you describe
Biden mandates that all businesses with 100 or more employees require vaccines. Desantis counters by saying if you enforce it in Florida you’re subject to a 5000 dollar penalty. The overreach was the mandates. The preservation of freedom was the counter. I’m sorry,But no man is going to tell me what I have to put in my body to feed my family. That’s dictatorship

Reactions: VolinWayne
Biden mandates that all businesses with 100 or more employees require vaccines. Desantis counters by saying if you enforce it in Florida you’re subject to a 5000 dollar penalty. The overreach was the mandates. The preservation of freedom was the counter. I’m sorry,But no man is going to tell me what I have to put in my body to feed my family. That’s dictatorship
They're both wrong. This isn't the first time DeSantis has overreached. He was doing well and then fell into the gop trap

They're both wrong. This isn't the first time DeSantis has overreached. He was doing well and then fell into the gop trap
He’s been fighting dictatorship since Biden took office. They seem to not care for each other much. There’sa reason for that. One wants to flip America on its head while the other prefers it the way it is.

DeSantis is not defending freedom, he’s taking the freedom of decision away. If he were defending freedom he would have declared Biden’s mandate unenforceable in FL.

DeSantis is not defending freedom, he’s taking the freedom of decision away. If he were defending freedom he would have declared Biden’s mandate unenforceable in FL.
That’s not true. If he were taking the freedom of decision away the way you describe it he would just not offer the vaccine in Florida. Now what you just described was actually Biden. Biden is trying to take the freedom of decision away by forcing mandates to keep your job.

That’s not true. If he were taking the freedom of decision away the way you describe it he would just not offer the vaccine in Florida. Now what you just described was actually Biden. Biden is trying to take the freedom of decision away by forcing mandates to keep your job.

And DeSantis is taking away the decision making of business owners. Both DeSantis and Biden are wrong and overreaching.

Reactions: BisonVol
And DeSantis has removed that power by order from businesses, local govt, and school districts. He is doing the exact same thing on the scale he controls

Reactions: BisonVol
And DeSantis is taking away the decision making of business owners. Both DeSantis and Biden are wrong and overreaching.
OK. I can respect that point of view Because that’s correct. But I don’t look at it the same way because DeSantis is putting the power back into the individual to choose for themselves

Reactions: dovervolz
They did. They elected local leaders and those are being overridden by the governor. Same with school districts. He's also dictating to business owners how they can run their operations. This is a massive overreach

VN Store

Back