What’s the Background on Tariq Owens?

Tommy Pine

For those of us not familiar, what happened to Tariq Owns? He was at UT his freshman year. Transferred to St. John’s. Then to Texas Tech. Now the starting big man for Tech, and has been impressive in their Final Four run. How did he get away? At a minimum, he would have been a great complement to Kyle Alexander.

Had he stayed he wouldn’t be playing college basketball this year

For those of us not familiar, what happened to Tariq Owns? He was at UT his freshman year. Transferred to St. John’s. Then to Texas Tech. Now the starting big man for Tech, and has been impressive in their Final Four run. How did he get away? At a minimum, he would have been a great complement to Kyle Alexander.
Barnes said his way or the highway! Attitude adjustment needed!

Reactions: feathersax
Not necessarily true. Owens met with Barnes and my understanding is he wanted to redshirt and I don’t think that was something Barnes would promise.
Redshirt after having played his freshman year? That’s odd. He obviously could have used it though

3 schools in 4 years? sounds like he has commitment issues.
He is from the New York area and I understand he graduated and went to TT to ( work on his masters yep) or play basketball I would assume. With his height and demeaner he will have a better chance in the NBA than Alexander.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back