What’s it Going to Take to Win the Missouri Game?

You know one of my pet peeves Is when someone asks, “what are the keys to beating ______ team?” or “what will it take to beat ______?” And then someone replies “score more points” as if it’s clever. You aren’t clever. It’s annoying.

It's just time. Tennessee has a more historical college football reputation by about a factor of 10 over Missouri, and it's just a shame they came into the SEC at a low point in our history. Time to set things right.. Vandy, you'll be next. I won't apologize for saying this. WGWTFA and GBO.

P.S. Florida will beat them up a little, and our bye week will help. We will be up 24-3 by halftime.

I am thinking this will possibly be the most important challenge to our pass defense and pass rush and will require Warrior and DBs to play their best game. Bryant will be hungry for a good showing in front of scouts and will have knocked any rust off during the Florida game. Dline needs to put pressure on the QB and make him throw bad passes our DBs are ready for. I believe Missouri’s receivers are all pretty good, so there’s that too. Of course we will still have to play well against the run and that can’t be an afterthought.

Nigel Warrior’s improvement has been key in resurrecting Tennessee’s 2019 season
Bryant may not make it out of the Uf game. Hamstring injuries are tricky.I am sure Fl.knows this and will be applying the heat all night.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The offense can’t wait for the defense to bail them out. They gotta be hitting on all cylinders. 17 points probably not going to win this one

Bryant may not make it out of the Uf game. Hamstring injuries are tricky.I am sure Fl.knows this and will be applying the heat all night.

Yes his durability is a question... that said we are banged up too so no one gets excused here but at the same time you are right... could make a difference

I've had this game written off as an L all season long. Now, I don't know. My gut tells me that our defense will have to win this one for us, with marvelous coaching, adjustments, outstanding LB play, etc. Don't expect our offense to put up more than 20 points. If we can keep them to under 20, we have a chance. Hope I'm wrong and we explode offensively with at least 200 yards rushing.
Agreed 💯

If we do that we win. Don’t want Chaney to get too pass happy against their solid secondary and certainly not risking turnovers. Converting on short yardage situations will be key. Defensively it will be another bend but don’t break kind of game so extending drives even if it’s to give our D time to rest will be important. I dont think we win another game like UK. Fortunately we have a week off

They will try to neutralize our pass rush w a lot of delayed screen plays and QB draws. Our LBs will he tested.
Somebody knows football

Bryant needs to not play.
Our oline needs to get healthy.
A running back needs to break a long one, finally.
We need to score on special teams.
One of our QB needs a good night in frigid weather conditions most likely.

Bryant needs to not play.
Our oline needs to get healthy.
A running back needs to break a long one, finally.
We need to score on special teams.
One of our QB needs a good night in frigid weather conditions most likely.

Great points....I hope Bryant plays and we get after him...

Adjust your radar gain, whippersnapper. I'm neither "running with my stinger out" nor angry. Now, if you don't know B's, you should check it out. If you like it, you can thank me, later.

It's been a long time sense anyone could call me "whippersnapper". If you can then you have been around a long time. AND I bow to you. As to "B's" I would have no idea where to look for it. Around here BBQ can be found nearly any weekend on a vacant lot on HWY 64 next to the pol-lice dept.;)

The Missouri play by play announcer Mike Kelly on the Florida pregame show said that Missouri has been manhandled on the line of scrimmage all season. That will continue for them against Florida and Tennessee!

Last edited:
I think we have a huge advantage with our WRs vs their DBs. Their dline is pretty solid though, so gotta block well.

VN Store

Back