Westworld HBO

I've watched the first 2 episodes and I guess it's keeping my attention enough to keep watching but really it's starting to kind of bore me.

Ok we get it, they take over people and put in replicants or whatever they're called. By the 3rd time they did it, I was yawning.

A pretty good episode, making it difficult to tell if you're watching one of Bernard's simulations or the "real" event. Definitely in keeping with the apocalyptic ending that we've had pretty much every season.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I'm still watching but honestly the show has now seemingly tried to get so out there that it's almost become boring. It's hard to explain but it's like at some point you trying to be a mind-eff gets so just convoluted to the point that I don't care.

The best comparison I can make is the Resident Evil movies (which btw I'm not comparing as far as quality of writing or acting, Westworld is still far superior to the RE movies). The RE movies started with a mansion incident, then it spread to the city and by the 3rd movie the virus spread all over the earth and killed almost everything to the point it's like ok....there are no stakes anymore because there is hardly any humanity left to save.

I'm still watching but honestly the show has now seemingly tried to get so out there that it's almost become boring. It's hard to explain but it's like at some point you trying to be a mind-eff gets so just convoluted to the point that I don't care.

The best comparison I can make is the Resident Evil movies (which btw I'm not comparing as far as quality of writing or acting, Westworld is still far superior to the RE movies). The RE movies started with a mansion incident, then it spread to the city and by the 3rd movie the virus spread all over the earth and killed almost everything to the point it's like ok....there are no stakes anymore because there is hardly any humanity left to save.
I get that, but I like "out there." The Delores not being real stuff is shape-shifting.

I get that, but I like "out there." The Delores not being real stuff is shape-shifting.

Usually I do but this is like out there on speed and at some point it gets tedious. I kind of feel like a Lost situation here where they are writing themselves into a state where they don't know how to finish it.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

VN Store

Back