Westbrook Comits to UCONN

Why should anybody care any more or less about UConn now that Westbrook is going there? Cooper transferred to SCAR, a program that actually matters to UT's season, and her playing against the LVs was a non-issue. Nobody cared at all.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Dear Ms. Westbrook,
As a life long Lady Vol Fanatic I was extremely proud and glad that you choose the Lady Vols of Tennessee as your college and basketball program of choice, and I thank you for two great years. I am so terribly sorry for all the negativity and hate that you and your family has endured during this transitional season of your life-- this was not deserved. You have been and will always be one of my favorite Lady Vols. Evina, you are an incredible young lady of great character, talent, and high standards, and I for one will miss you in the orange and white, and I hope in your own way, you will reserve part of your heart for the orange and white. Now that your a Lady Huskie I wish you the best even if you play Tennessee, "Iron sharpens Iron", Do Your Thing Ms. Westbrook, and We will do Ours. Given your new home, some will call you a trader or worst, but that comes with the territory of being a being or seeking to be GREAT. No one who has ever sought or achieve Greatness has been absent of haters, it's a sure sign that your moving in the right direction. Finally, I have never pulled for Uconn, but I have always Respected them and all that they have achieved, but I will be pulling for you. All My Best Wishes and Prayers, and God's Blessings upon you and Family.
Thank you Ms. Westbrook!!!!

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Dear Ms. Westbrook,
As a life long Lady Vol Fanatic I was extremely proud and glad that you choose the Lady Vols of Tennessee as your college and basketball program of choice, and I thank you for two great years. I am so terribly sorry for all the negativity and hate that you and your family has endured during this transitional season of your life-- this was not deserved. You have been and will always be one of my favorite Lady Vols. Evina, you are an incredible young lady of great character, talent, and high standards, and I for one will miss you in the orange and white, and I hope in your own way, you will reserve part of your heart for the orange and white. Now that your a Lady Huskie I wish you the best even if you play Tennessee, "Iron sharpens Iron", Do Your Thing Ms. Westbrook, and We will do Ours. Given your new home, some will call you a trader or worst, but that comes with the territory of being a being or seeking to be GREAT. No one who has ever sought or achieve Greatness has been absent of haters, it's a sure sign that your moving in the right direction. Finally, I have never pulled for Uconn, but I have always Respected them and all that they have achieved, but I will be pulling for you. All My Best Wishes and Prayers, and God's Blessings upon you and Family.

So, Westbrook is going to Wall Street instead of UCON.

Since this forum is in danger of becoming WestbrookNation what with three current threads devoted to an opposing player, I'm swearing off both posting in and reading those threads (and the Collins one).

Yes, this is the off-season when there's not that much happening, but we do have a non-Lady Vols thread set aside specifically for talking about other players and teams. That's where I'll get that type of news rather rhan encouraging multiple threads elsewhere to the exclusion of our own players and coaches.
I agree. Let’s start another bash Holly thread instead

Dear Ms. Westbrook,

Can someone be specific about the hate Evina and her family received? What exactly was said and who said it? Is there any proof of this hate for us fans to look into?

Westbrook's Tennessee legacy:

In the entire illustrious history of the Lady Vols basketball program, Evina Westbrook is the ONLY player that publicly called for the firing of her coach.

Westbrook is the ONLY Lady Vol basketball player who gave a middle finger to all Tennessee fans by transferring to Tennessee's most hated basketball rival.

Can someone be specific about the hate Evina and her family received? What exactly was said and who said it? Is there any proof of this hate for us fans to look into?

In this day and time,when you disagree with someone or call attention to shortcomings such as poor performance or negative attitudes,then it is obviously hate. I have also wanted to see examples of what a lot of posters have called hate. Don't remember anything other than criticism of performance and/or attitude.
One other thing I will add--- if someone does not want to be a Lady Vol,then she gets two goods---BYE and RIDDANCE.

Westbrook's Tennessee legacy:

In the entire illustrious history of the Lady Vols basketball program, Evina Westbrook is the ONLY player that publicly called for the firing of her coach.

Westbrook is the ONLY Lady Vol basketball player who gave a middle finger to all Tennessee fans by transferring to Tennessee's most hated basketball rival.

Here is a transcript following our first round loss to UCLA:

Reporter 1: Where do you go from here?

Evina: That’s a great question. I have nothing to say. That’s a great question. I’m not sure.

Reporter 2: Are there steps that need to be taken in the off season that you could think of? What steps need to be taken over the next few months?

Evina: Most definitely, I just think off the court stuff. Steps need to be taken with our staff, and just overall off the court stuff with this team.

Reporter 2: Are there issues off the court?

Evina: I won’t say.

Reporter 1: Do you expect Holly Warlick to be coaching here next season?

Evina: Ummmmmmmm, I don’t know. I don’t know.

Now this is exactly what she said. Why is it so hard to say what she said? People can make their own judgments but to say she publicly called for the firing of Holly is FALSE.

Dear Ms. Westbrook,

This is creepy. Sounds like something written by an obsessed fan on Criminal Minds.

Last edited:
Here is a transcript following our first round loss to UCLA:

Reporter 1: Where do you go from here?

Evina: That’s a great question. I have nothing to say. That’s a great question. I’m not sure.

Reporter 2: Are there steps that need to be taken in the off season that you could think of? What steps need to be taken over the next few months?

Evina: Most definitely, I just think off the court stuff. Steps need to be taken with our staff, and just overall off the court stuff with this team.

Reporter 2: Are there issues off the court?

Evina: I won’t say.

Reporter 1: Do you expect Holly Warlick to be coaching here next season?

Evina: Ummmmmmmm, I don’t know. I don’t know.

Now this is exactly what she said. Why is it so hard to say what she said? People can make their own judgments but to say she publicly called for the firing of Holly is FALSE.

Franklin P. has pushed this apocryphal story about Evina since the UCLA loss. He/she has been debunked numerous times but, like a zombie, he/she keeps coming back with the same mindless falsehood.

Say what you will but I think it's a weak move on her part. It's like KD or Boogie going to GS (not that she's an all-star like them). Sure, if you're chasing wins but there's no personal legacy, just a dime 'ah dozen there.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Dear Ms. Westbrook,

Great job Evina MaMa

Here is how it will go.

Evina will not be granted a waiver and will have sit next season.

During that time, she will realize what a godforsaken place Storrs, CT. really is and that her coach is a grumpy old man.

For her redshirt junior year, EW will opt for the pros, whether it be in the WNBA or somewhere in Europe and never wear a Uconn uniform.

Here is how it will go.

Evina will not be granted a waiver and will have sit next season.

During that time, she will realize what a godforsaken place Storrs, CT. really is and that her coach is a grumpy old man.

For her redshirt junior year, EW will opt for the pros, whether it be in the WNBA or somewhere in Europe and never wear a Uconn uniform.
I could see that

Reactions: sisaq

VN Store

Back