Westbrook Comits to UCONN

It’s not clear to me that she doesn’t care and I support any fans who continue to call her out for her behaviors and bad play. There’s an old saying: it’s not what you say, but how you say it. It’s not necessarily transferring to UCONN that turned fans off, but the way she went about it (the whole sorry not sorry thing). It was a slap in the face to fans who actually supported her.

However, the good part is Lady Vol fans no longer have to worry about her turnovers, dribbling while looking down, lack of leadership and scoring droughts. I can’t wait until her first Husky turnover. I’m sure those fans won’t mind a bit.
It was both.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Evina wasted two important years of her player development playing for Holly. While I have faith that Kellie will be a YUGE improvement, I can't fault players who don't want to risk playing for another Holly and choosing to play for an elite coach. Tennessee in some ways backed themselves into a corner by prioritizing women from Pat's coaching tree, but what's done is done. I liked Evina as a player, and am sorry to see her go, but don't hold any ill feelings towards her (mainly because I don't think her addition will fill UConn's need for post depth needed to win another NC 😈).

It was mediocre at best.

Depends how you define mediocre. As a sophomore she would have been third on UTenn in scoring and rebounds and she was playing behind two seniors that averaged near 40 points per game. I think a better measure will be how she performs this season.

It’s not clear to me that she doesn’t care and I support any fans who continue to call her out for her behaviors and bad play. There’s an old saying: it’s not what you say, but how you say it. It’s not necessarily transferring to UCONN that turned fans off, but the way she went about it (the whole sorry not sorry thing). It was a slap in the face to fans who actually supported her.

However, the good part is Lady Vol fans no longer have to worry about her turnovers, dribbling while looking down, lack of leadership and scoring droughts. I can’t wait until her first Husky turnover. I’m sure those fans won’t mind a bit.

U missed one thing, pushing her opponent away while dribbling..lol

Evina wasted two important years of her player development playing for Holly. While I have faith that Kellie will be a YUGE improvement, I can't fault players who don't want to risk playing for another Holly and choosing to play for an elite coach. Tennessee in some ways backed themselves into a corner by prioritizing women from Pat's coaching tree, but what's done is done. I liked Evina as a player, and am sorry to see her go, but don't hold any ill feelings towards her (mainly because I don't think her addition will fill UConn's need for post depth needed to win another NC 😈).
Good post!

Depends how you define mediocre. As a sophomore she would have been third on UTenn in scoring and rebounds and she was playing behind two seniors that averaged near 40 points per game. I think a better measure will be how she performs this season.
No offense, but she's gonna have a harder time without Collier and Samuelson soaking up all the defensive attention. She's an undersized post that doesn't excel at anything. She's not carrying the team.

No offense, but she's gonna have a harder time without Collier and Samuelson soaking up all the defensive attention. She's an undersized post that doesn't excel at anything. She's not carrying the team.
We are hoping she becomes Morgan Tuck like.

The tranfer has lit a fire under the Lady Vols fanbase. The "renewed rivalry" is good for WCBB.
It won't be the same unless both teams are NC contenders. It's more like morbid curiosity.

Will be a good test of Kellie's coaching ability, since Tennessee has a pretty solid roster that matches up personnel wise against UConn. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I for one welcome the opportunity to welcome Kellie with a Trial by Fire 🔥.

It won't be the same unless both teams are NC contenders. It's more like morbid curiosity.

Will be a good test of Kellie's coaching ability, since Tennessee has a pretty solid roster that matches up personnel wise against UConn. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I for one welcome the opportunity to welcome Kellie with a Trial by Fire 🔥.
Ok, but if it doesnt go well for UT the first time around, will the hoard abandon Kellie immediately?

Since this forum is in danger of becoming WestbrookNation what with three current threads devoted to an opposing player, I'm swearing off both posting in and reading those threads (and the Collins one).

Yes, this is the off-season when there's not that much happening, but we do have a non-Lady Vols thread set aside specifically for talking about other players and teams. That's where I'll get that type of news rather rhan encouraging multiple threads elsewhere to the exclusion of our own players and coaches.

Ok, but if it doesnt go well for UT the first time around, will the hoard abandon Kellie immediately?

Some of them might, particularly those who were unhappy with her selection to begin with. Even then, a loss to UConn is not nearly as bad as another loss to Alabama or Vandy. If Kellie can get the team moving in the right direction and finish in the top 4 of the SEC with no stupid losses, I'll be happy with the results in spite of what the result of the UConn game is. I'll be thrilled if she can pull off a couple of high profile wins, like SC, MSST, Stanford, or...yes...UConn.

Speaking of Stanford. They will be nice!
They will, even after losing a player as good as Smith. Oregon, Baylor and Stanford will probably be head and shoulders above the rest of the field, at least at the start of the season.

They will, even after losing a player as good as Smith. Oregon, Baylor and Stanford will probably be head and shoulders above the rest of the field, at least at the start of the season.
Agreed but as we know the tourney is a season within itself.

VN Store

Back