West Virginia

People act like the big 12 is some chump conference but having to win shootouts against all those coaches that know offense week after week has to be tough

Reactions: davethevol
People act like the big 12 is some chump conference but having to win shootouts against all those coaches that know offense week after week has to be tough
I still can't figure out if Big 12 offenses are that good or the defenses are that bad. It undoubtedly is some of both, but it is more one than the other? It isn't like these guys recruit scrubs on the defensive side of the ball too.

I still can't figure out if Big 12 offenses are that good or the defenses are that bad. It undoubtedly is some of both, but it is more one than the other? It isn't like these guys recruit scrubs on the defensive side of the ball too.
I don't know why defensive guys even go out there. I guess there stats get padded with all the extra plays, or something.

I don't know why defensive guys even go out there. I guess there stats get padded with all the extra plays, or something.
I see how maybe they go to Texas or Oklahoma, perhaps TCU (Patterson has a reputation as a defensive guy). Take a look at Oklahoma's recruiting classes over the last few years. The top recruits in each class are offensive linemen (not surprising) and cornerbacks. It isn't even WRs or QBs. There's no way the corners are just that much better than the WRs they are matched up against.

The other Big 12 schools, no way. Schools like Baylor, Oklahoma St, West Virginia, and Texas Tech don't even put up a pretense of playing defense.

still one of the best games of the weekend...one day, we'll be fighting for a seat at the big table...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!

Look at what TCU did to an Ole Miss team that beat Bama a few years ago. One of the worst beat-downs I've ever seen.

I looked....still not impressed.

I also remember the Oklahomaā€™s so-called greatest offense in CFB history managing only 14 points in the national championship game.

It's a chump conference.
Thereā€™s some good coaches

Riley, Gundy, Herman, Campbell, etc hell even Holgerson and Kingsburry both know how to score points if nothing else

Kingsburry always has mediocre records but the man had Mayfield and Mahomes both on the same team thatā€™s impressive

Thereā€™s some good coaches

Riley, Gundy, Herman, Campbell, etc hell even Holgerson and Kingsburry both know how to score points if nothing else

Kingsburry always has mediocre records but the man had Mayfield and Mahomes both on the same team thatā€™s impressive

No, it really isn't all that impressive. Meyer had Tebow and Cam Newton on the same team.

The Big 12's last national title was almost 20 years ago....that's not impressive.

That probably hurts the Big 12 chances of making the show

Not sure it changed much. OU was already pretty much in the ā€œneeding UGA to lose and UM to lose to OSUā€ boat to begin with, even if they won out. Sounds like the situation pretty much stays the same.

And that's why they should recruit better on the other side of the ball. Defense wins championships.

Last edited:
Itā€™s why I canā€™t take OU serious as a NC. They canā€™t stop anyone these days.

VN Store

Back