We're getting some love for the Mizzou game

Ever since it was added, I've always felt like MO was an interloper in the SEC.
They haven't done anything to change my opinion.
Yup, they fit about as well as West Virginia in the Big 12. It just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Sec should have taken WVU. Better programs in FB and BB. Better fit in SEC east. Academics? Who are we kidding.
One of the reasons Mizzou got accepted and WVU rejected was TV market size. WVU made way more sense geographically speaking

Last edited:
Missouri has took advantage of a weak East. That won't be the case in the coming years. Yeah they've never in my mind been a good fit. WV would make more sense than Missouri. Texas A&M was added to get into that market. Missouri was a headscratcher.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Missouri has took advantage of a weak East. That won't be the case in the coming years. Yeah they've never in my mind been a good fit. WV would make more sense than Missouri. Texas A&M was added to get into that market. Missouri was a headscratcher.
SEC wanted that KC and St. Louis market.

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point of the orginal post and my jab at humor with it. By the time I was old enough to really pay attention to the SEC, S. Carina has been apart of it. Some guys who are longer in the tooth than I, remember when S. Carolina joined and has continued to view them as an outsider where as younger fans, it's all we know. It's not about wins and losses. I still kinda view Mo and TA&M as outsiders. Hopefully this will change the older I get.

And some of us were around when Georgia Tech was in the SEC...

Yo, Dooley. Make sure your boys know y'all only have an L on the menu and the only way it's served
is as part of the Tennessee wins combo. That's the way it's coming so save room for tears for dessert.

Win the turnover battle and run the ball.

Good things will happen.

Especially with this idiot running their offense:

derek-dooley-2010jpg-119cae44ba3849d2.jpg

I understand what you're saying, but they have made the SEC title game twice since the last time the Vols have been there so............
Yeah, but they had and I think still have a favorable schedule. They get the best teams at good times. We're the only team they get late in the year that is historically good. In their first few years it was like last week for us....Getting Kentucky right after they had UGA and we played Charlotte.

Academic rankings have very little to do with actual academics. It is almost always based on the amount of research money that is granted by the federal government.

Nothing would be better for Saturday than getting the WIN over misery, qualifying for a Bowl game, making DD cry like a baby, our last game in Neyland for our Seniors being special and getting a couple of top recruits fired up and ready to come play at Tennessee.

I really don't think I'm asking for too much.

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back