Windy's football discussion thread.

The Vols of 2019 are all about the SEC games - UGA, Miss State, SoCar, and Vandy at home; @UF, @bama, @UK, and @Mizzou. For program progress, need to win at least half of these. Must gkick Vandy's asses and defeat SoCar and/or Mis State. On the road, must beat KY and Mizzou or Florida.
For the most part I agree. I think we have 3 definitive wins in the cupcake games. We also have 3 losses in UF, UGA, and Alabama. That leaves a 6 game season. BYU, MSU, SCjr, Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy. How we fare in those games will determine how our season goes.

Has anyone been to the FF in awhile? I went for a minute and scooted right out. I know it’s the off-season, it just seems more mad house like over there this year.

Me also, to see if there is any real football discussion. Not so much. I like the RF because it fascinates me.
Two straight losing seasons, and not much hope for this year will make it crazy. I do see occasionally a few who have us at 9-10 wins, but you can't disagree with them. I want to have hope, but I don't so I rarely post.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
I've been in there all day. Whatcha wanna know?
Nothing really, used to enjoy it, probably will again when it gets closer to football season. Some of it (not all) makes me roll my eyes (some posters hogging threads with their endless bickering over who is right and no one giving ground), nice to see JP out and about again though.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Anyone watching the draft tonight in Nashville? Nashville seems to be representing Tennessee well. Local sports radio has been discussing where and where not, fans can drink all week long. Might be a theme here. 🤔
I would like to get plastered but my pancreas is being a little butthole.

Reactions: VolNExile
A Washburn University defensive back was killed in a shooting Sunday morning in Topeka, Kansas. The shooting also injured teammate Corey Ballentine, who was drafted by the New York Giants on Saturday.

Washburn president Jerry Farley confirmed that Dwane Simmons, 23, was killed in the shooting in a letter to the school Sunday. Ballentine is expected to make a full recovery, Farley wrote.

"Any time we lose a student it is a sad occasion, but it is particularly poignant to lose a student through such a senseless act," Farley wrote. "Both Dwane and Corey have been great examples and representatives of the football team and of Washburn University in general. This was a terrible way to end a day which should have been a day of celebration and a day to look forward to Dwane's upcoming year at Washburn and the beginning of Corey's professional career."

According to police, Ballentine was taken to a hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.

VN Store

Back