Windy's basketball discussion thread

UCLA is like UT embarrassing Coaching searches.
Glad Chip Kelly worked out but they aren’t scared to throw money

So, UVA gets their redemption story. TTech can remember their bonfires, overturned cars, and riot police. Rick Barnes is staying at UT, and UCLA lost another one to Big Orange. OK, then. Go Tennessee Softballers! Beat Mississippi State!

Reactions: TopsideVol
We are officially a basketball 🏀 school. We never paid Pat more than a football coach or any male Coach. Pruitt needs to step up. Will be interesting to see how that affects our Lady Vols hire.
Glad we ponied up for once no more rebuilding excuses.

Ray Mears made UT a basketball school. Sadly, Ray's feet of clay tripped him up in 1978. RIP, Ray. We remember.

Everbody happy with Harper?
I’m supporting her.

Delusional fans on the LV forum acting just like delusional fans on FF during that search: “Elite coaches are desperate to come to UT; if we didn’t hire one, it’s because we cheaped out.”

I like her toughness, and I’m hoping that she can get the talent on this team working together and doing great things.

Reactions: TopsideVol
Everbody happy with Harper?
I think she's a decent mid-major coach with moderate success who still has to prove she's ready for the big-time. Nothing about her career suggests she can be an elite coach but to be fair there's nothing that says she can't. Her record the last four years is essentially the same as Holly's. Some concern about her performance at her only P5 stint. If she wasn't a LVFL I don't think she would have gotten a second look.

I think she's a decent mid-major coach with moderate success who still has to prove she's ready for the big-time. Nothing about her career suggests she can be an elite coach but to be fair there's nothing that says she can't. Her record the last four years is essentially the same as Holly's. Some concern about her performance at her only P5 stint. If she wasn't a LVFL I don't think she would have gotten a second look.
she is only 41 give it time imo

She was a great player. I haven't really followed her career as a coach. I'll support her until and unless she shows that she's not the right person for the job.

Edited to add that this is the same stance that I have toward every UT coach once the decision is final.
Yep. Show me what you can or can't do or GTFO 😄

VN Store

Back