Well that sucked VI

Both UK’s OL and DL should be proud of their efforts. Not happy with the loss, but proud. UK won the line of scrimmage for the most part. And the Vol OL and DL had played pretty well in the four games prior to tonight.

Reactions: FïreBall
It's an overreaction but it changed the entire situation at the end of the game. We can easily go for 3 at the end and maybe force OT. Yeah, we could have just scored and it would be moot, but Poore has really been a liability this season.
How do you even let a kicker named Chance Poor in the building?

Last edited:
It's an overreaction but it changed the entire situation at the end of the game. We can easily go for 3 at the end and maybe force OT. Yeah, we could have just scored and it would be moot, but Poore has really been a liability this season.
A kicker with the last name Poore just never seems to work out. However, a RB with the last name Smoke is a different story. All kidding aside, it was your typical UT/ UK game, but UT always seems to come out on top ( like another poster said sort of UT/ FL) Can't wait until Basketball Vols and Cats tip it off against each other.

Great game, I had given up hope after the first 10 minutes honestly. I had seen that script before.

It looked like we'd get about 5 possessions in the game and KY was content getting 3 yards a pop and going on 4th each time with playclock at 1.

Impressive schematic adjustments by the Vols staff after the first quarter, something we never saw vs. App State and GT in the previous administration.

Good luck going forward, aside from the trashy linebacker from Pikeville I've been impressed with the way KY represents themselves. Easy to root for.

I thought it was Kentuckys night after the way a few things went. Kentucky played hard and almost shocked me. Glad we won but I was nervous

Reactions: davethevol
How you guys feel about us? We feel about Florida.

Just cant ever get over the hump to get the win.

You had a great gameplan. And Bowden is special.
However, Stoops has hit his ceiling. You should hope that FSU takes him.
Speak for yourself

Both UK’s OL and DL should be proud of their efforts. Not happy with the loss, but proud. UK won the line of scrimmage for the most part. And the Vol OL and DL had played pretty well in the four games prior to tonight.
I think Kentucky will beat Vanderbilt,UT Martin and lose to Louisville. I think 6-6 Kentucky will wind up playing 8-4 Pitt in the Belk Bowl.

I can see where you’re coming from with that thought and you might be wrong. I don’t completely disagree with that but they didn’t have enough of an air game to keep us honest and even with us playing 8 in the box they still gashed us.

That’s the thing, we didn’t play 8 in the box most of the time. Kentucky came into this game knowing this team hasn’t seen a game plan like the one they were about to throw at us. This game would’ve been similar, if not worse, than last year’s result with regular QB play. No doubt in my mind.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Y’all played well enough to win that game with a true QB. Not a knock on Bowden, kid may have been the best athlete on field all night. Hope y’all win out

Bowden is who gave them a chance to win. They don't possess the ball like that with a traditional offense. The 3 or 4 yards a clip and threat of misdirection, etc paused our front 7 to a certain extent. You have to read and react instead of just react to keys.

Reactions: rikberry31
Kentucky had the chance for two chip shot field goals plus the missed extra point. That would have given the kittys 20 points.

The annual LC post where I lament of how we continue to find better ways to lose. A couple points I'll make then go to bed...

I dont feel bad about losing...its just rough losing like that after a great start. But UT is the better team and more talented.

The extra point missed was massive obviously.I told my friend as soon as it happened that it will come back to bite us. Chance Poore has now cost us 2 games imo.

Bituli was everywhere. No idea how many tackles but he was flying all over. JG was good tonight. Very nice passing.

The UT fans below us and next to us were great. You all traveled excellent and everyone I met was friendly. Way better than the USCjr, MSU, and UGA fans I've sat near before.

Good game!

Kentucky played better than we did except on the scoreboard. We've been in games like this before where we played better and lost. I was impressed with the way you were able to run the ball.

Another classic finish to this series. Who knows what season y’all had if qb wasn’t hurt. Good luck pulling for y’all rest of the way.

The annual LC post where I lament of how we continue to find better ways to lose. A couple points I'll make then go to bed...

I dont feel bad about losing...its just rough losing like that after a great start. But UT is the better team and more talented.

The extra point missed was massive obviously.I told my friend as soon as it happened that it will come back to bite us. Chance Poore has now cost us 2 games imo.

Bituli was everywhere. No idea how many tackles but he was flying all over. JG was good tonight. Very nice passing.

The UT fans below us and next to us were great. You all traveled excellent and everyone I met was friendly. Way better than the USCjr, MSU, and UGA fans I've sat near before.

Good game!
You're guys played their hearts out. Hard to win in the SEC without your starting QB and WR.
Old school Vol fans can feel your pain, regarding kickers. I'll spare my Vol Brethren the name dropping. lol

Good game!

You guys drew up a heck of a game plan. It gave us fits in the first half. Fortunately, unlike in years past, we now have a staff that knows how to make halftime adjustments.

Given your last three opponents, I see no reason UK shouldn’t become bowl eligible.

VN Store

Back