Well off, well educated younger Americans getting caught up in Chinese "lie flat" movement

We just want administration to stop tacking on extra initiatives and programs that never work and let us teach. It's not too much to ask, is it?
That’s because those programs are dreamt up by someone at the state capital or DC with grant money attached to them. And those people want something nice and shiny on their resume to help them climb the ladder. Does it work? We don’t know, but we can probably massage the data set to say it does.

This is a weird editorial but it sounds like it’s I-bankers and lawyers, who most certainly do not work 40-hour weeks - probably double that and at times closer to 100

Few more things:

1. At least for major law firms, the pandemic has been busier than ever, resulting in more and more 100-hour work weeks (I know some on pace for 4,000+ hours for the year) and less schmoozing in Yankee Stadium suites or whatever other perks older lawyers had. I-bankers probably work even more than lawyers do

2. Most people stay at these jobs for only 3-5 years anyway because of how bad the lifestyle is, so the article’s tone of “their lives are over if they lose these jobs” is misplaced

3. Partially because of how much work there is, employees/associates have more leverage than they have maybe ever, so again they’ll be fine

haha. Yes but that was pre=married life. i seem to only go back to Ohio to take care of family issues and that's outside Toledo. Pick up 40 pounds of kielbasa and some chili sauce from Packo;'s. Last time up didn't even make it to Cedar Point

Steel vengeance is amazing. You must ride it if you haven’t. I always go Halloween time and then we eat at Dianne Restaurant at like 1 am and get coffee and breakfast before the drive bsck. Nothing better than rollercoasters at night in damn near freezing weather with a slightly drizzle lol. I have no idea why but it’s just so Ohio.

Ok, memory lane time.

20 years ago….you still remember the original Brews that was near Denison on the strip that had this tiny little restaurant area in the back behind the brick wall area?

And the drug store that still had a lunch bar area and served ice cream and phosphates?

I miss the old city version. Now it is way too posh.

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back