Well, maybe the positive from tonight…

If you want to talk positives? Forget the score for one second. Physically, we have banged up Georgia. Those twerps are going to go home sore. As much as they would like to throw down one more TD in the dying minutes, they are in survival mode in the last 3 minutes. Vols need more depth to compete with the top teams. But they are capable of making anybody dread facing them. I hate losing and don't buy into moral victories. But damn our boys took some kind of chunk out of the Dogs. And as things stand right now? I can be proud of our men for this aspect of a loss. georgia may be smiling, but they are damn glad this one is over.
I agree entirely here. Our Defense played well enough with enough stops to have made this a close game until the end. The offense was undermanned and HH had his worst game and made poor decisions. But one gets the feeling that we are getting much closer to competing with the bigs in our league. Go Vols

Terrible take OP. Hooker has one bad game and that’s what you come up with. He had the 4th best passer rating before today’s game.
It was his decision making that left so much to be desired. You CANNOT throw it away on 4th in the end-zone, nor can you throw it away on any 4th down. That will mark him down dramatically in scouts view. Love HH but one has to be honest on tonite.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
It was his decision making that left so much to be desired. You CANNOT throw it away on 4th in the end-zone, nor can you throw it away on any 4th down. That will mark him down dramatically in scouts view. Love HH but one has to be honest on tonite.
That’s fair just seems a little harsh is all. Regardless of how today went I think he was coming back anyway. He can help this team complete for an eastern title IMO

There are NO positives from tonight.

14 years.....

we still suck....

You become relevant in the SEC (or Nationally) when you beat somebody. We don't do that yet. We are 25 good players away.......STILL.

The first step, the most important step, is finding the right coach. We failed at that for almost 13 years.

We have a good coach now. The rest falls in place after that.

Tonight was a major recruiting win which is why Kirby kept his starters out their to try preventing us to get 17. We got it.

We can now tell recruits we scored more on the number 1 defense than any other team and all we needed was a few more players and we may have won. We can also shown the blown O line blocks that caused us to not convert 3 times in the red zone. This was a very good day. Espn will say we lost but will also say we scored more than anyone else, including Clemson.

Today was a big positive.

14 years.....

we still suck....

You become relevant in the SEC (or Nationally) when you beat somebody. We don't do that yet. We are 25 good players away.......STILL.
We literally just beat a Top 25 team on the road last week.

Shut up. We have room to grow, but this was the number one team for a reason.

That’s fair just seems a little harsh is all. Regardless of how today went I think he was coming back anyway. He can help this team complete for an eastern title IMO
It does seem harsh on this day to say this, but I say it with nothing but love for HH. I will always appreciate his coming to Tenn when nothing was promised to him and he has played his tail off for us.

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Hooker needs to go on to the NFL. He is better than most of the backups on NFL teams now. Go make the $ young man. Things won’t improve much here next year just a possibility of career ending injury.

I do believe that hh should come back to school for the sake of his future. He didn’t start the season so he’d had no reps with the 1’s. With an off-season ti build continuity and the school having had time to get him in preseason watch lists…coming back is without a doubt the best decision for him. And yes…this was his biggest moment of the year and he was the worst I’ve seen him. I almost wonder if he didn’t bang his elbow on a hit early in the game or something. He sailed a couple of those throws like crazy

“We” need him to stay another year and “He” would benefit from staying another year as well.

Reactions: Vol Main
Is that Hooker will come back next year. He has not been good tonight.
There are a lot of positives for Tennessee tonight. Heupel obviously knows what he is doing. That offense worries me. When you guys get more of his type of guys, you are going to be dangerous. Your players also play hard for him. I truly hate to say it, but you finally found a good coach. Kirby will have to update his thinking or you guys will be a constant threat.

Would you come back if you were him? To this dumpster fire?
You are brainless. This WAS a dumpster fire a year ago. If you cannot see how hard this undermanned team plays for CJH, and you don't find some solace in that, then you are a troll or a fool. Stupid statement not worthy of this reply. But it irritated me.

Hooker is not even close to the reason we lost tonight. He was tight, but that's understandable. We simply played a deeper, more talented team.

Reactions: SAPPER 5

14 years.....

we still suck....

You need a reality check Brother. You have a first year coach who had half the team leave either before he arrived or just as he arrived. He strung this team together with transfers from the portal. On top of that the ones that were left were not terribly well coached and while they may have had some talent, it wasn't trained. Now you have IMHO the second best team in the East and a team no one wants to play IN YOUR COACHES FIRST YEAR. He should get coach of the year. In short, there's about 8 or 9 teams in the SEC that wish they were in your shoes. And Florida and LSU both are looking at your team and praying they can find a coach to do what your's has done.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and FlVols
The positive I see is Heupel laid the template down for Bama to pick up and beat Kirby and the dawgs. Bama wins in the SECCG by 2 TDs.

I never expected a win. I’m only watching because this team fights

They sure do. On Georgia's final or next to final drive with about 3 to 4 minutes left, that defense was popping as if it were the first quarter. And that's after getting run over for an entire game. I love how this coaching staff has his team motivated to play even though they're not at the level they need to be talent-wise and depth wise.

VN Store

Back