Welcome Jewel Spear BšŸŠšŸŠM

I think Georgiaā€™s Coach is so much better than Texas A&Mā€™s, she may do more with less.
I disagree...she's another robin pingeton very dirty coach who coaches her players to do the exact same. Georgia's style of play wont win a lot or go far in the tourney they just beat up people without true offensive skills.

I disagree...she's another robin pingeton very dirty coach who coaches her players to do the exact same. Georgia's style of play wont win a lot or go far in the tourney they just beat up people without true offensive skills.
Never thought her dirty, or heard that before, they do play tough defense though.

Really were not hurting that much. We need another post player so we will always have two bigs in the game. Horston played guard but served as a big for rebounding. If you have two bigs and Rickea your going to be fine on the boards.

I'm interested to see what our defensive rebounding looks like next year. It's the first year of the Harper era that's not also the Horston era. It always seemed to me the strategy was to have everyone else box out, and have Horston use her superior leaping ability to swoop in for the rebound, then catalyze the fast break/quick scoring opportunities (rather than have a post player rebound and have to find your lead guard). Iowa does the same thing with Caitlin Clark. So I don't think it's fair what a certain poster said about Key being a "bad defensive rebounder" - that hasn't really been her job.

Last year, our top 3 defensive rebounders were Horston, Jackson, and Walker; those three were above our post players. Does Jackson take that role now? It would probably help her growth for the WNBA to take on that type of role and continue to improve her handles. And as someone else mentioned, Spear has the athleticism and potential to be a solid rebounder, too.

I don't think she is dirty, I think she just usually has a smirk on her face.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I donā€™t see this AT ALL Coach Abe just has a very unique personality. She seems sarcastic and low key which I love honestly.

Her players play HARD especially on the defensive end. I do not feel they played dirty at all this season. Gritty, yes, dirty, no.

MIZZOU is a different story. For years they have been less athletic in the SEC and have had to make up for that by holding and playing dirty. Itā€™s gotten really old and I wish MIZzOU would make a coaching change but they never will. Pingeton is entrenched there and everyone in Columbia loves her. I donā€™t think they care of the womenā€™s team wins 2 games or 20.

With Wells and Spear the starting backcourt for UT, is there a better combo in the SEC? I realize LSU has HVL now, and SC has Raven and PaoPao, but the Wells/Spear combo seems like the best shooting pair by far.

Spear seems a good pickup, and we can hope you're right--but the wise position would be to see how they and the rest of the team play first before making the bold predictions that we saw before last season that didn't exactly pan out.

I donā€™t see this AT ALL Coach Abe just has a very unique personality. She seems sarcastic and low key which I love honestly.

Her players play HARD especially on the defensive end. I do not feel they played dirty at all this season. Gritty, yes, dirty, no.

MIZZOU is a different story. For years they have been less athletic in the SEC and have had to make up for that by holding and playing dirty. Itā€™s gotten really old and I wish MIZzOU would make a coaching change but they never will. Pingeton is entrenched there and everyone in Columbia loves her. I donā€™t think they care of the womenā€™s team wins 2 games or 20.
I've always liked Pingeton...

Reactions: Golfteacher
To me this means that if she puts up 10 3's in a game she is gonna miss 6-7 time, Not too good to me! (You could say in this case I'm a glass half full guy";)
37% on a bad to middle of the road team is not bad. Apparently most of Wake Forestā€™s offense rested upon Jewelā€™s production. Since she was their best player I would imagine that against each team she was guarded by one of their best defenders. As always, time will tell the true story.

Sure hope that Kelly actually delivers on her promise to Spear and lets her take her shot. Need to not handcuff the guards that create for themselves. Itā€™s time to enter the 2000s and let these women shoot, and itā€™s time to create shots for them. Dont recall the last time Iā€™ve seen the LVs screen for a pull up 3. Just not what they do I guess. Not every 3 need be a kick out to a shooter. Give some license and I bet the makes start to go up.

To me this means that if she puts up 10 3's in a game she is gonna miss 6-7 time, Not too good to me! (You could say in this case I'm a glass half full guy";)

Love that for you but considering gm she has hit 10 3s in a ACC tourney game i'll take it . So drink up with that half full cup, sit back, and relax šŸ˜‰

How do you get that total out of a 36.7 percent lifetime three point shooter. What you get is 110 points on 100 shot attempts for a 1.1 points per attempt from the three point line. That is way above average for threes. What you really need to know however is that in her career thus far she has scored 1385 points on 1144 filed goal attempts for a 1.21 points scored for every shot attempted. That is in the elite category for a two guard. That is why she got an invite to try out for the USA team next week.

While talking about our rebounders, Rickea should be included. Last year, while Horston averaged 6.4 rebounds, Rickea averaged 6.1 rebounds per game.

You're shorting Horston, who averaged a full rebound more at 7.1 per game... which led the team despite playing primarily on the perimeter. She was far and away the best defensive rebounder on the team...

That's her career average. Look at the individual seasons...
In the block at top right they put Horstonā€™s career stats, but Rickeaā€™s season stats, and Horston did have 7.1 rpg last season, but the point of the post was that Rickea is also a very good rebounder, yet no one was mentioning that.

VN Store

Back