Weis...new HC of NY Giants???

if it happens, will it happen in time to affect recruiting? That would be huge, ND's recruiting would tank.

Could this be true??? I doubt it, but there is always a chance....

I'm not gonna get my hopes us. That is basically just a journalist giving his opinion on coaches that might be good for the job. Maybe the giants will talk to weis, maybe not. But i'm quite sure that they won't be consulting any journalists in the decision.

However, if it did happen, I would love it. It might not kill their recruiting class this year, but it certainly would indicate an unstable program.

But I"m not getting my hopes up. This is just a low-rent journalist tossing around his brilliant ideas.

no way people, the giants are notorious for firing coaches and weiss is makin a sh*tload in southbend. Besides he hasnt proved anything yet as all the domer haters in here are quick to point out. I would look for the Giants to hire someone like Martz or go the fashionable assistant coach route!

It'd be funny as hell, but I don't see it happening. Weis hasn't proven anything big game wise yet.

It makes me sick that they are playing up the "ND raids Tennessee" angle, which couldnt be further from the truth. Why does the media ride ND's jock so much?

They were talking on cold pizza this morning about Weis being a possible replacement for Parcells if he leaves Dallas.

it is all rumor. Weis has been asked about his loyalty to Notre Dame in about every press conference for the past month... and every time he has reiterated that he doesn't want to go back to pro ball... he likes that college ball is more accomodating to his family life. Weis signed that fat bonus extension to prevent him to going back to the NFL, too. The E in ESPN stands for "Entertainment".... much like E! TV. ESPN is not the foremost sports authority for objective sports reporting, you all should know that. Anyway, Weis isn't going anywhere.... I have been laughing at these rumors for months. Saddle up, Vol fans, Weis is there to stay for a very long time.

I don't think ol' Charlie is going anywhere any time soon just for the fact that it's a lot easier to beat Army, Navy, Stanford and Purdue than it is to beat the Eagles, Bears, Titans or Patriots.

Reguardless of what happens with Weiss, Urban Meyer will still be the head coach of Florida!! Last time I checked the Gators are on UT's schedule every year, the Vols are in the SEC right? Not the indepedants correct? Amazing, Tennessee can't beat Florida and vol fans are worried about Charlie Weiss :blink:

it is all rumor. Weis has been asked about his loyalty to Notre Dame in about every press conference for the past month... and every time he has reiterated that he doesn't want to go back to pro ball... he likes that college ball is more accomodating to his family life.

Do you really believe that?

Everone has a price.

I think it's alot easier to be a fat head coach in college than a fat head coach in the NFL, I think that's what Weis was trying to say.

Weis would certainly look at home with GIANT written across his chest.

(Couldn't resist)

VN Store

Back