Week 5: Kentucky vs. Ole Miss

As much as I would like another school to hire Stoops, I think he’ll be a lifer there. KY has deep enough pockets to pay him as much as anyone and he is going to end up with a statue and basically a lifetime contract there. Not to mention he now owns a thriving bourbon business in the state and constantly talks about how much he and his family love Lexington. The Stoops brothers are loyal to their teams, if nothing else.

I don’t know why it is so hard for some of us to admit that they have a good football program now. Some of you are underestimating KY, at your own peril. I am not buying the overrated talk. They have multiple players projected as pros on that roster and Levis, according to many services, could possibly be the #1 or #2 QB taken in the Draft. Not to mention that this weekend they get their best player in Rodriguez back.

These players today at UT and UK don’t care about history and neither side is intimidated. UK will be super hype to get revenge on us at Neyland and we need to not for one second overlook them. They are a top 10 team for a reason right now, and definitely not your father’s KY football anymore.

Pulling for Ole Miss so we get the advantage in the East, but I feel KY gets the W this weekend and looking at their schedule, I wouldn’t be surprised if their first loss is to us. Don’t think they can slow our offense down at all. Hell, I don’t think anyone can!

GBO

Last edited:
Who do we want to win?

If Kentucky wins, that bolsters the East’s resume over the West, and it looks better when we beat Kentucky later in the season. If Ole Miss wins, the loss could take some of the wind out of Kentucky’s sails. At the end of the day, our destiny is firmly in our own hands, but I’m curious which seems the better outcome for our Vols?

Doesn't really matter. Kentucky has to play Ole Miss, South Carolina, MSU before us. They could easily lose 2/3 or win all 3.

I would be shocked if they beat Ole Miss. I wouldn't be shocked if they got bit by the Starkghanistan Bulldogs. I do not think Kentucky is as good as advertised.

Reactions: OptimisticFan
I like both teams, but I'm for Ole Miss since it would help us in the SEC East and move us up one notch in the polls. Both coaches are underrated and I do think the Tennessee-Kentucky game will be a good one this season. Kentucky definitely has a drastically better secondary than we do, but hopefully we have the better team overall.

Apparently ole miss are wearing these Realtree helmets against UK. Wonder if they'll wear realtree uniforms as well.Screenshot_20220926-212427_Facebook.jpg

This should be a really good game actually.

Battle of the "NPA" schools! 😴.

All that aside, Nobody is really talking about Ole Miss QB. He's very good. So is the Ole Miss RBs.

I think it will be 28-27 Kentucky are something like that

CanTurkey is Fools Gold. They are well coached but they don't have a O-Line or running game. Ole Miss wins by 10

Realistically yeah and we'll be fortunate to not have 2 losses ourselves. LSU is not going to just lay down on us.

VN Store

Back