Week 5: Kentucky vs. Ole Miss

They’ve done nothing. Stoops is a .500 coach
Kentucky is a good team and what Stoops has done at KY deserves credit. I wish someone would hire him away. Kentucky wins vs OM. KY may be better than us as a whole when considering pass defense...our DBs coverage and lack of ability to assert our will on mobile quarterbacks who can throw will give us a L or two we don't want if we don't improve. LSU playing much better, but with off week, I like our chances to dial them in...

Kentucky is a good team and what Stoops has done at KY deserves credit. I wish someone would hire him away. Kentucky wins vs OM. KY may be better than us as a whole when considering pass defense...our DBs coverage and lack of ability to assert our will on mobile quarterbacks who can throw will give us a L or two we don't want if we don't improve. LSU playing much better, but with off week, I like our chances to dial them in...

You sound ridiculous.

There’s no indication UK is better than us.

We heard this same crap last year.

Who do we want to win?

If Kentucky wins, that bolsters the East’s resume over the West, and it looks better when we beat Kentucky later in the season. If Ole Miss wins, the loss could take some of the wind out of Kentucky’s sails. At the end of the day, our destiny is firmly in our own hands, but I’m curious which seems the better outcome for our Vols?
It's just so special watching Cantucky lose in any sport. I hate kiffin, but I'm pulling for the rebs in this one.

I kind of agree with you. Auburn doesn't seem like the fit for him though. Kentucky would love to keep him and he has enough evidence Auburn is willing to blow a guy out with a better record than him.

Stoops may survive three seasons at Auburn. He’ll be exposed as a mediocre coach when he is unable to live up the the higher expectations of beating the SEC West opponents + UGA every year. Kentucky’s lack of high expectations from year to year has favored Stoops greatly. He has most likely peaked in his career as a head coach.

Kentucky is not better than us.

I agree that Kentucky has a good spread of acceptable talent across the board. If Stoops did go somewhere else, that would help us, but Kentucky is not better than we are overall.

As far as the LSU game goes, I like us coming off a bye week. We should win by 10+ on the road if we execute, but the electric environment could make it close. The magic number of points for the good guys to put the LSU game on ice is 42. At our best, we could have it wrapped up by halftime.

Both teams are struggling to find consistency. I hate Ole Miss. I despise UK. But i want UK to win because i have family members from Kentucky that need something to be happy about until we play them.

Reactions: OptimisticFan

Kentucky is not better than us

I despise kiffin, but they'll run KY out of Oxford.
No they won't. Did you see their game last season? When they had Matt Corral at QB?

No...
This isn't the 1990s Kentucky.

Kentucky is one of the best teams in the country. They have their same ground attack, , solid defense and NOW they have Tayvion Robinson and Barrion Brown at WR.

We may still beat them, but that doesn't have anything to do with how they deal with anybody else they play.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Despite my personal feeling for any SEC team, I decided long ago to “prefer” the team that helps UT in the East Division standings or national rankings. That has made for some odd preferences but it usually means preferring the West Team over the East team in inter divisional matchups until UT beats the East Team. With UK higher ranked and UT has not beat them yet, I prefer Ole Miss.

I hope Kentucky beats Kiffin so badly that the Ole Miss athletic director fires him at the end of the game.

Reactions: walkenvol
Stoops was outcoached by Pruitt and Jones. All you need to know

Lol. Let’s use your logic shall we? Let’s see Saban was out coached by Jimbo Fisher and Charlie Westherbie. Kirby Smart was out coached by Will Muschamp and Paul Johnson. Dabo got out coached by Pat Narduzzi and Dave Doeren. Urban Meyer for our coached by Jeff Brohm.

Guess all those guys suck as head coaches.

VN Store

Back