Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

The difference is you stated it as an absolute fact. Not as the possible outcome depending on a specific variable. Rather you simply said they would not get in and that the committee did not value their wins. Which is ignorant

I stated it as a fact while my reasoning was intact aka at 7:43 PM Saturday night, Clemson vs ND was still in the first quarter…… not sure why you can’t comprehend when a cause is no longer valid, the effect is no longer able to happen.

One thing that is a fact- TCU chances to make the playoff as a 13-0 team drastically improved to near certainty with Clemson losing and thus being eliminated from being able to go 13-0…..

Wow the mental gymnastics you go through to keep from admitting that your previous statements were wrong is unbelievable. And you apparently have no clue what the word "Lock" means. You clearly stated, multiple times that all the other teams were battling for the 4th position and we were the obvious, undeniable, lock at third. The CFP ranking putting TCU ahead of us clearly debunks those statements as we will not pass TCU if we both go undefeated considering both of our remaining schedules. So any team (1 loss PAC 12, 1 loss Mich/OSU, 1 loss Clemson or even 2 loss LSU) that has an even remote chance of being fourth would clearly be taking our spot and not TCUs. THAT IS A FACT. You were wrong. You were arrogant and condescending in your misstatements and now you are dishonest and cowardly in you denials.

You keep saying that I’ve changed my position on Tennessee making the playoff. I have not.

Tennessee will make the playoff as an 11-1 team. They are a lock.

TCU is a lock for the playoff if they go 13-0 now that it is an undeniable fact that Clemson can’t go 13-0 after losing to ND. I also note that that fact was not possible at 7:43 PM which is the time stamp y’all are clinging to for some reason…. It’s almost like you didn’t realize what was happening at 7:43 PM on Saturday.

Just went and looked at TCU’s schedule. Their one impressive win was against OU which in hindsight isn’t too impressive right now. They will get clobbered in the first round.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Just go beat LSU’s ass please. They’re already starting the “we’ll do what TN couldn’t bs” 🙄
I hope so, and I really hope Bama doesn’t somehow find their way to Atlanta. Bama is talented, and will be playing with a big chip on their shoulder. They are a scary team IMO.

We were about as up and prepared as we could be going into the game against you guys and it certainly showed. I’m hoping we don’t go into Starkville or Lexington too lackadaisical. That could be trouble for us. Right now this is what I’m worried about.

You keep saying that I’ve changed my position on Tennessee making the playoff. I have not.

Tennessee will make the playoff as an 11-1 team. They are a lock.

TCU is a lock for the playoff if they go 13-0 now that it is an undeniable fact that Clemson can’t go 13-0 after losing to ND. I also note that that fact was not possible at 7:43 PM which is the time stamp y’all are clinging to for some reason…. It’s almost like you didn’t realize what was happening at 7:43 PM on Saturday.
Now it obvious you are just dishonest. You made those statement to me, on this forum, multiple times LAST NIGHT. And you know it.

Wow the mental gymnastics you go through to keep from admitting that your previous statements were wrong is unbelievable. And you apparently have no clue what the word "Lock" means. You clearly stated, multiple times that all the other teams were battling for the 4th position and we were the obvious, undeniable, lock at third. The CFP ranking putting TCU ahead of us clearly debunks those statements as we will not pass TCU if we both go undefeated considering both of our remaining schedules. So any team (1 loss PAC 12, 1 loss Mich/OSU, 1 loss Clemson or even 2 loss LSU) that has an even remote chance of being fourth would clearly be taking our spot and not TCUs. THAT IS A FACT. You were wrong. You were arrogant and condescending in your misstatements and now you are dishonest and cowardly in you denials.
He admitted he was wrong about what he was clearly wrong about.

I think it's silly to keep throwing out "lock" but whatever.

He's not wrong yet because season ain't over. They may have put TCU ahead of us now, but he's been clear about saying we make the playoffs, so he's not wrong yet. TCU could win out but look like crap doing it. You just don't know, but how can you tell him he's wrong when he's not yet?

I stated it as a fact while my reasoning was intact aka at 7:43 PM Saturday night, Clemson vs ND was still in the first quarter…… not sure why you can’t comprehend when a cause is no longer valid, the effect is no longer able to happen.

One thing that is a fact- TCU chances to make the playoff as a 13-0 team drastically improved to near certainty with Clemson losing and thus being eliminated from being able to go 13-0…..

What you’re failing to accept was even if Clemson win out, there were countless other scenarios that would have ended with TCU in.

This has never been an either TCU or Clemson discussion like you’re attempting to proclaim. Both, 1, or neither could have always made it in and still can

Now it obvious you are just dishonest. You made those statement to me, on this forum, multiple times LAST NIGHT. And you know it.

I never said at any point after Clemson lost to ND that a 13-0 TCU would be left out of the playoff as the 3rd and only possible undefeated P5 champ outside of the SEC and Big10 champs.

You love to quote comments from Saturday night when a game was still in the first quarter and when I disabused you of your phony argument, you now claim something that happened last night, 2 days after the comments you keep quoting to try to make an argument. How come you can’t pull comments from the time in between Saturday night after Clemson lost and now?

He admitted he was wrong about what he was clearly wrong about.

I think it's silly to keep throwing out "lock" but whatever.

He's not wrong yet because season ain't over. They may have put TCU ahead of us now, but he's been clear about saying we make the playoffs, so he's not wrong yet. TCU could win out but look like crap doing it. You just don't know, but how can you tell him he's wrong when he's not yet?
Wrong, go back and read his multiple statements last night. He said, multiple times, that there was absolutely no scenario in which UT was not a lock at 11-1. NONE. He said it was obvious and he couldn't understand why people could not comprehend it. HE mentioned an undefeated TCU and stated that regardless of what they did we were in. He stated multiple times LAST NIGHT that it was obvious to anyone we were the guaranteed #rd seed regardless of all other factors sans us loosing or a seeding change to avoid SEC v SEC semi.

I hope so, and I really hope Bama doesn’t somehow find their way to Atlanta. Bama is talented, and will be playing with a big chip on their shoulder. They are a scary team IMO.

We were about as up and prepared as we could be going into the game against you guys and it certainly showed. I’m hoping we don’t go into Starkville or Lexington too lackadaisical. That could be trouble for us. Right now this is what I’m worried about.
LSU should win out the rest of their games. If they do, they’re in over Bama. LSU has a better defense than TN but Daniels is not Hooker and he’s certainly no Bryce Young. Y’all should be able to handle them rather easily.

As far as MSU and KY goes, LOL. You can sleep-walk through those games. No contest.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
What you’re failing to accept was even if Clemson win out, there were countless other scenarios that would have ended with TCU in.

This has never been an either TCU or Clemson discussion like you’re attempting to proclaim. Both, 1, or neither could have always made it in and still can

Tennessee at 11-1 is a lock for the playoff.

13-0 Clemson and 13-0 TCU would be playing for one playoff spot. If both were 13-0, Clemson would get the nod for obvious bias reasons. Since Clemson can’t possibly go 13-0 (for losing to ND), TCU is the last possible team that has a chance to go 13-0 outside of the SEC and Big10 champs… with Clemson no longer able to go undefeated, an undefeated TCU would get in the playoff.

I said nothing different from that. Especially at 7:43 PM on Saturday night which coincides with the first quarter of the Clemson Nd game. Not sure why you are trying to make a “gotcha” moment out of a timeline you clearly are confused on.

Wrong, go back and read his multiple statements last night. He said, multiple times, that there was absolutely no scenario in which UT was not a lock at 11-1. NONE. He said it was obvious and he couldn't understand why people could not comprehend it. HE mentioned an undefeated TCU and stated that regardless of what they did we were in. He stated multiple times LAST NIGHT that it was obvious to anyone we were the guaranteed #rd seed regardless of all other factors sans us loosing or a seeding change to avoid SEC v SEC semi.
Read what you just wrote.

I never said at any point after Clemson lost to ND that a 13-0 TCU would be left out of the playoff as the 3rd and only possible undefeated P5 champ outside of the SEC and Big10 champs.

You love to quote comments from Saturday night when a game was still in the first quarter and when I disabused you of your phony argument, you now claim something that happened last night, 2 days after the comments you keep quoting to try to make an argument. How come you can’t pull comments from the time in between Saturday night after Clemson lost and now?

I wasnt on here Saturday night at all, but I was on here most of last night while working and you kept responding with the same tripe. You can make up some BS about what you said on Saturday but you said the things I am responding to last night. And you know it.

This was literally my point the whole time. You’re trying to say i made a blanketed comment that TCU at 13-0 would not make the playoff regardless of any other team. Which sadly you are lying about…. I very clearly said 13-0 TCU wouldn’t get in over a 13-0 Clemson in which Clemson going undefeated was still a possible thing at 7:43 PM on Saturday night.

I wasnt on here Saturday night at all, but I was on here most of last night while working and you kept responding with the same tripe. You can make up some BS about what you said on Saturday but you said the things I am responding to last night. And you know it.

Post or quote my comments from last night saying a 13-0 TCU would not make the playoff then…..

Seems like an easy thing to do with how blatantly I’m lying…..

SEC Now saying LSU would get in with 2 losses over a 1 loss Tennessee ..... media sure does drop us quick when they can sheesh.
In 2016, they put in an 11-1 Ohio State team over an 11-2 Big 10 Champ Penn State. The most interesting thing about it is, they beat Ohio State in the regular season too.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Post or quote my comments from last night saying a 13-0 TCU would not make the playoff then…..

Seems like an easy thing to do with how blatantly I’m lying…..
I dont recall you saying that. But you know you said, multiple times that TCU was fighting for the 4th spot and we were a lock for #3, whcih is clearly wrong. You also stated multiple times that there was NO SCENARIO in which UT at 11-1 was not a lock, which is clearly not true and not even a defensible statement. You stated multiple times that it was obvious and asked what was so hard for us to understand about UT being the obvious "LOCK at #3.

In 2016, they put in an 11-1 Ohio State team over an 11-2 Big 10 Champ Penn State. The most interesting thing about it is, they beat Ohio State in the regular season too.

Penn State didn’t have good wins outside of OSU. LSU is different i think because their 7 game win streak to end 11-2 would have 3 top 10’wins with last game being a win over #1. Since they put LSU at 7th, TCU dropping a game puts them in top 6. Would the #6 team beating #1 in conference championship send them to the top 4? I think it could. I don’t think LSU making the playoff means Tennessee gets left out either.

11-2 LSU or 12-1 Oregon would be interesting debate in media.

I dont recall you saying that. But you know you said, multiple times that TCU was fighting for the 4th spot and we were a lock for #3, whcih is clearly wrong. You also stated multiple times that there was NO SCENARIO in which UT at 11-1 was not a lock, which is clearly not true and not even a defensible statement. You stated multiple times that it was obvious and asked what was so hard for us to understand about UT being the obvious "LOCK at #3.

This you?
. 617D7094-C50F-47A2-A716-DEC20BE5CD6E.png

You claim I spewed this all last night but now you don’t recall me spewing? Bless your heart.

Let me break it down piece by piece…

You’re saying I’m changing my tune that Tennessee is a lock for the playoff- Let me be clear for the millionth time. Tennessee is a lock for the playoff at 11-1, most likely the 3 seed to avoid SEC vs SEC semi.

You’re saying that I said TCU is fighting for the final playoff spot, #4 seed- Let me be clear for the millionth time. TCU will be the 4 seed if UGA is the 1 seed. Since they will avoid a SEC semifinal matchup, that means UGA at #1 results in Tennessee at #3 and TCU at #4

I have not changed my position or tune on the above items. But “spew on” King!

VN Store

Back