Week #11 High School Football Schedule

I'll post the finals of the games tonight as they come in. I will be listening to one particular game so I might not be providing live in game scores though. Thanks!

Scores of interest in progress:

Bearden 21 Jeff County 10 Final
Grainger 46 Cherokee 12 Final
Oakdale 54 Concord Christian 13 Final
North Greene 53 Cosby 20 Final
Chuckey-Doak 20 West Greene 14 Final
Daniel Boone 14 David Crockett 10 Final
Hampton 62 Cumberland Gap 6 Final
Happy Valley 69 South Greene 0 Final
Maryville 45 Hardin Valley 0 Final
Mo. East 41 Cocke Co. 28 Final
Elizabethton 50 Northview Academy 19 Final
Science Hill 56 DB 35 Final
Greeneville 56 Seymour 0 Final
Sullivan East 41 Sullivan Central 0 Final
Sullivan North 40 Gatlinburg-Pittman 28 Final
Volunteer 40 Sullivan South 21 Final
Mo. West 50 Tenn High 15 Final
Unicoi Co. 28 Johnson County 14 Final
Bradley Central 28 William Blount 13 Final
Alcoa 45 CAK 0 Final
Cookeville 39 Riverdale 22 Final
Austin-East 48 Knox Christian Grace 7 Final
Knox Central 21 Fulto
n 19 Final
Oakland 49 Smyrna 7 Final

Gibbs 27 West 24 Final
Chattanooga Christian 28 East Ridge 39 Final
Farragut 49 Clinton 21 Final
Karns 22 Lenoir City 16 Final
Red Bank 21 Notre Dame 3 Final
Boyd Buchanan 10 Silverdale Academy 6 Final
John Overton 31 Wilson Central 38 Final
Marshall Co. 51 Page 0 Final
Rhea Co. 30 McMinn Co. 6 Final
Ooltewah 56 Walker Valley 35 Final
CPA 40 Whites Creek 0 Final
Pearl Cohn 41 Springfield 14 Final
Wayne Co. 37 Collinwood 0 Final
Milan 56 South Gibson 19 Final
Brighton 42 Bolton 27 Final
Brentwood Academy 42 McCallie 32 Final
Christian Brothers 21 MUS 27 Final
Coalfield 41 Oneida 14 Final
Halls 47 Heritage 34 Final
Greenback 78 Sunbright 12 Final
South Doyle 49 Powell 14 Final
Cleveland 51 White Co. 0 Final
Hixson 35 Soddy-Daisy 69 Final
Hillsboro 35 Beech 12 Final
Knox Webb 35 King's Academy 7 Final
Knox Catholic 34 Union Co. 0 Final
Kingston 24 Loudon 3 Final
Midway 71 Unaka 0 Final
Scott 49 McMinn Central 13 Final

All games posted above are now final scores.

Last edited:
Elizabethton 50-13 start of 4th quarter! Cyclones WILL win conference and end 2nd straight regular season 9-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Elizabethton 36-7 at half over Northview Academy!

Elizabethton should take on either McMinn Central(4-6) or Kingston(4-6) next week at home. Should be McMinn Central because they hold the tiebreaker against Kingston for that final playoff spot in Region 2A.

Last edited:
Elizabethton should take on either McMinn Central(4-6) or Kingston(4-6) next week at home. Should be McMinn Central because they hold the tiebreaker against Kingston for that final playoff spot in Region 2A.

Betsy to win by 20

1st post updated with final scores. Next week is playoff time in Tennessee guys. I'll have the playoff schedule posted either Monday or Tuesday. They probably won't list the pairings until Monday anyhow. Thanks!

Tony YOU are the Tennessee high school football guru! Why has Cumberland County High School become so wretched? I graduated there 50 years ago when Curt Watson & other great players & coaches succeeded. Now it's sad. :hi:

I'd say that's about right. If they actually play a full game the way we know they can it might be more. I'm probably going to go next week with family. My niece's husband is Assistant Director of Elizabethton City Schools.

Betsy plays 2.5 quarters and usually has a large lead 35 plus and still wins by 28 plus!

Tony YOU are the Tennessee high school football guru! Why has Cumberland County High School become so wretched? I graduated there 50 years ago when Curt Watson & other great players & coaches succeeded. Now it's sad. :hi:

Cumberland County High School has been terrible the past few years for sure. Teams are changing classifications starting in 2017 so hopefully that will help them play a little less harder competition.

However, they are staying at 4A it appears & not moving down to 3A. I thought they would move down but their enrollment of 1,000 students kept them at 4A.

How good are they?

How good are Russell & Turner or how good are Elizabethton's opponent? Corey Russell is a sophomore that is about 5'10" 175lbs & is tough as nails. He is also pretty fast. He's very hard to tackle. Turner plays both RB & WR but with the QB now injured I feel he just might move there.

I don't know if they have a quality backup at QB. Turner is a speedster that runs track too. He is good but I would say Russell is better all around. Russell will get looks at some bigger colleges by the time he gets to be a senior.

I believe Turner is already a senior or he might just be a junior. Both are good & split the carries between them & not throw much at all & they should be able to win this 1st round game. Past that I don't think that will work. They will need a QB that can throw.

Turner used to play QB in middle school some so I just assume he might be the replacement. McMinn Central is 4-6 but have played better competition but Betsy should still be able to handle them even without their starting QB.

Yes, another 70-80 point game for them probably. I think Greeneville will at least make the state finals if not win it all. They're that good again.

I think that the Greeneville/Knoxville Catholic matchup in the quarterfinals basically will be the state championship game. Those two are a level above everyone else in 4A.

I think that the Greeneville/Knoxville Catholic matchup in the quarterfinals basically will be the state championship game. Those two are a level above everyone else in 4A.

I wouldn't count out Stone Memorial or Marshall County though. These 2 are pretty good teams as well in 4A. BTW, Greeneville don't play Catholic in the 1st round. They play Knox Carter. Where did you get they play Catholic? That would be the top 2 teams in 4A going head to head in the 1st round. It don't work that way. Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't count out Stone Memorial or Marshall County though. These 2 are pretty good teams as well in 4A. BTW, Greeneville don't play Catholic in the 1st round. They play Knox Carter. Where did you get they play Catholic? That would be the top 2 teams in 4A going head to head in the 1st round. It don't work that way. Thanks!

I was referring to the 3rd round (state quarterfinals), you can pretty much pencil both teams into that game right now.

Being from middle Tennessee I'm familiar with Marshall County and they are a very good team, I don't know a whole lot about Stone Memorial, but I think that Greeneville and Catholic are a little bit better. My alma mater played Pearl-Cohn 3 weeks ago and they might be the best team on the west side of the bracket, they have speed all over the field, and they don't make many mistakes.

VN Store

Back