We should have sucked up our pride and hired Lane Kiffin again or went with Mike Leach.

Pittman is a better coach than Leach or Kiffin for the long haul. He coaches offense and defense. I think Pruitt can get it done, if he learns how important it is too have a qb that can process quickly and make throws on time when under pressure. You can't win or be competitive against the big boys with average middling qb's. Coach somebody up! Make it a competition, no way JG would be playing at the other schools in the sec this long with his record in the big games. His ceiling has been hit and DCoord's no how to rattle him. Put Bailey in and let him get the experience, we will be much better off in the long run. GBO!

When Lane was here the one year you could see his coaching ability. Fulmer left no talent and he went 8-5 and should have beat Alabama. I think Leach has been wanting to come to Tennessee for a while but Tennessee wasn’t interested. We need a proven coach that doesn’t need 5 star players to win they just no how to coach.
Lane and leach doing a fine job in the sec lol

You’re comparing 2 guys in year 1, 1 in year3, and 1 in year 8?.
Yep that seems fair 😂😂
No. I'm comparing what the coaches have done with what they've had to work with. Kiffin isn't in "year 1". He has a long record as does Leach. There's a reason no one else has hired Leach in the SEC.

If you aren't impressed that Stoops has UK playing as well as they are with the talent you can recruit to UK... I can't help you. The guy has done a great job.

Leach in year three will exceed what we are seeing from Pruitt in year three and it won't be close.

Pittman is a better coach than Leach or Kiffin for the long haul. He coaches offense and defense. I think Pruitt can get it done, if he learns how important it is too have a qb that can process quickly and make throws on time when under pressure. You can't win or be competitive against the big boys with average middling qb's. Coach somebody up! Make it a competition, no way JG would be playing at the other schools in the sec this long with his record in the big games. His ceiling has been hit and DCoord's no how to rattle him. Put Bailey in and let him get the experience, we will be much better off in the long run. GBO!

This pretty much says it. There isn't a chance that any good program in the league would have allowed a kid like Guarantano to be starting at this point. Obviously Pruitt wants to compete and feels JG gives the team the best chance of winning right now, but this program is clearly a couple of years away from seriously competing, and that's if a QB is developed and recruiting remains strong.

I'd be very surprised if there were many fans that really expected us to compete for the division this year and would have been disappointed with a 4-6 season where we found our QB for the next couple of seasons and got him invaluable experience.

When Lane was here the one year you could see his coaching ability. Fulmer left no talent and he went 8-5 and should have beat Alabama. I think Leach has been wanting to come to Tennessee for a while but Tennessee wasn’t interested. We need a proven coach that doesn’t need 5 star players to win they just no how to coach.
WTF has Lane Kiffin ever accomplished as a HC?..... other than cornholing the Vols, getting kicked off the team bus and fired on the spot at USC and going 5-15 with the Raiders?
His major accomplishment up to now has been going 26-13 at FAU.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back