We may be 4-4 but...

Thanks for teaching me how it works.
Losing influences recruiting, but winning doesn’t. Makes perfect sense.

When it comes to CJH and recruiting, the relationships that he and the coaches have with the kids they are recruiting, seems to be what the players talk about the most.

Beat UK or UGA, then we’ll talk.

you’re welcome. If you feel the difference in winning/losing 1 game will automatically swing out recruiting class 5 spots (up or down)…ya like I said, that’s not how it works. Lol

How are you judging that? How does he get a team to fight like this team does for the entire game if he is not a charismatic coach? Besides that Tennessee practically recruits itself. This offense is a draw. They will come.

I say he’s not a charismatic guy because I’ve heard him talk. And he’s not a charismatic guy. As far as the team playing hard…we have a really good group of kids. And we have more talent than some would like to give us credit for. Our top 4-5 receivers would make the 2 deep on almost any roster. Though we have no depth at offensive line a couple of our guys were former 5 star recruits. And hooker has looked really good at times. We have good player. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that we were able to hang with (and almost beat) ole miss. I think part of the reason people are surprised is because the bar was set so damn low by the previous coach.

you’re welcome. If you feel the difference in winning/losing 1 game will automatically swing out recruiting class 5 spots (up or down)…ya like I said, that’s not how it works. Lol
I did say “could” and yea..... a win over Georgia COULD do that.

Read before you act like you know everything

We should be 6-2 poor coaching decisions cost us the Pitt game and the refs screwed us out of a win against Ole Miss.

This is true, we actually should be 6-2 and if JH can recruit half as good as he can coach and game plan …… the Vols will be a legitimate contender in the SEC East and beyond
Go Vols
Thanks JH!

Reactions: House of Neyland
We lost the Pitt game because CJH made a terrible coaching decision before the first game. He named Milton the starter

Which everyone, including the players, seemed to think was the best option coming out of training camp. He then corrected the error instead of doubling-down.

F'n Negavols, man. Just gotta find something to whine about all the time.

The sad part is, people actually think that a 4-4 record with blowout losses to Florida and Bama, and a loss to pitt, is great progress. I could understand the logic if the final scores were actually close. But football is a 60 minute game. Can have a great 3 quarter game, but the first 3 quarters don't really matter. Giving up 28 points in final 12 minutes is unacceptable. I know the defense was tired , but come on. Go ahead and preach depth to me. Been blaming depth for 10-15 years now. We need another excuse.
Someone has no clue about football

Reactions: zaqhhh and Delmar
Some of yall just love to wallow in misery.

I cannot imagine the joy you spread to people in your life.

This staff may not win a NC or SECC but they have taken a beaten down and thin roster and competed into the 4th quarter every game. If you cant acknowledge that the job theyre doing is above average and far better tham weve seen in sometime...you either havent been watching or are still butt hurt we didnt land a big name.
Or they just don’t understand what it takes to rebuild a program. That and I’ve decided some folks aren’t happy unless they are miserable and make everyone around them miserable.

And what a great coaching decision it was to start Milton over Hooker for the Pitt game. Do you even watch the games???
I do watch the games but I don't get to watch the practices, do you?

Since you don't you can't possibly know what happened. I also bet you have a post arguing for Harrison Bailey.

But hey ignore the fact that Hooker had 2 of the 3 turnovers and Milton had a higher QBR for that game. Hooker played more than half of that game, we lost not because of who started or who finished.

Hooker has come along way from that game but we didn't lose that game because he didn't start. I did watch the game, I was there.

Our FPI is 25th and our SOS is 15th

I just wanted to post this as we our halfway through our murderers row to keep things in perspective.

We weren't projected to make a bowl this year, and had one of the thinnest rosters (by bodies) in the NCAA.

Our Schedule turned out to be even harder than we thought...

Pitt is the favorite to win the ACC Championship with a Heisman QB
Ole Miss is a top 10 team with a Heisman QB
UK was projected to be middling, yet are a top 20 team

Yet through all this we took two top 20 teams down to the wire and pushed Bama to the 4th Quarter.

I know it is hard for some of us to be excited at 4-4 especially with the NCAA looming, but with the above stats, it is also hard not to!

GBO!
thank youj for being a voice of reason - i love what is happening in tennessee

Kentucky has beaten UT 3 times in my life. So expecting to lose is unacceptable
I don’t expect us to lose but the reality is they are the higher rated program currently. I believe we can win if we are healthy and do not repeat the same mistakes against Pitt and Ole Miss

The sad part is, people actually think that a 4-4 record with blowout losses to Florida and Bama, and a loss to pitt, is great progress. I could understand the logic if the final scores were actually close. But football is a 60 minute game. Can have a great 3 quarter game, but the first 3 quarters don't really matter. Giving up 28 points in final 12 minutes is unacceptable. I know the defense was tired , but come on. Go ahead and preach depth to me. Been blaming depth for 10-15 years now. We need another excuse.

2of the TDs were result of the offense basically giving Bama 14 pts. The OL was dominated all night and that’s where it starts. Cade Mays or No Cade Mays, it want gonna work & its gonna take time to build a true SEC OL.

The fiasco of the last 4 years is here now. One staff quit recruiting, the other staff drove the program off the cliff. You don’t have depth with a program run like this one was from 2016-2020. Other than Vanderbilt, it’s been the worst run program in SEC. Cant blame the current staff & administration. They’re doing their best. If it’s the same 4 yrs from now, have at it.

The level of ignorance in this post regarding Milton winning the job and his time at Michigan is astounding.

Bad there and bad here. You really think Milton was killing at practice? Real dumb take on your part

It turned out to be a mistake but you don't know it was a terrible coaching decision unless you attended all the practices and observed, through the eyes of a trained coach, what the coaches saw. Your vision is 20/20 hindsight and it's ridiculous that you sit behind your screen and criticize over something you don't have the facts to criticize about. SMH

All we have ever seen from Milton is poor play. Here and Michigan. Thinking he looked great at practice is real hard to believe. Probably was promised the starting job game one if he committed

Bad there and bad here. You really think Milton was killing at practice? Real dumb take on your part
Show me the articles where Milton is struggling at practice and the articles about how he sucked before his thumb injury at Michigan. I'll wait.

6-6 was as predicted by most. Except for those constantly blaming the refs and conspiracy theorists. But 7 wins is probable!

Last edited:
Show me the articles where Milton is struggling at practice and the articles about how he sucked before his thumb injury at Michigan. I'll wait.

Anyone with eyes knows he can't play. Believing he somehow was Cam Newton at practice is ridiculous.

You probably agree with me. You're just one of those posters who takes it personally when someone criticizes a UT coach.

As I've said before, I like CJH. I think he will be successful here, but he made a mistake with Milton

You probably agree with me. You're just one of those posters who takes it personally when someone criticizes a UT coach.
Lol no. Just someone who is telling you that you are ignorant to Milton's fall camp or how his time was at Michigan.

Lol no. Just someone who is telling you that you are ignorant to Milton's fall camp or how his time was at Michigan.

If you really believe Milton looked great in practice then you are ignorant.

Unless they dumbed the defense down for him.

Please tell me who said he looked great in practice

VN Store

Back