We lost to Wofford today...

kkep48

PirateVol
Well, consider the season officially gone to the crapper. We lost on the road to lowly Wofford today. Unbelievable that a team this talented can underachieve this much. I think it's officially past time to start the fireroddelmonico.com site.

How in the world do you lead by 7 runs after 6 and half innings and then manage to lose 16-9?

What a sad season. I was there for the beginning three games and it looks like the rest have followed in the same manner....

Well, the fire is gone I think and this season will just begin to wind down now...sad...

Not calling for any coaching heads. However, this will probably put some serious pressure on the staff for next year to make the SEC and NCAA or changes will be made. Bottom line is that the players have not performed this year at all. Pitching, fielding, and hitting are all not up to SEC caliber. Oh, we have SEC caliber players, I'm not saying that. They are just not performing. We have two All-America's with pretty average numbers. Don't give me the "injured" excuse. If you are on the field then you are expected to produce. Period. Pitching is just average at best past Atkins. Defense up the middle is below SEC average. I'm all for Rod and staff getting another year to pull this out. Afterall, he is the best baseball coach UT has ever had, and has taken us to Omaha three times and put more players into the big leagues then any other UT coach by a country mile. I too have been to several games this year, SEC and mid-week. We look equally lathargic playing No-Name U. or (insert SEC team). Only bright spot this year was a nice weekend against KY.

Light a fire under some butts over there Rod, heck we might just make the SEC's this year. Not going to put $5 on it in Vegas though.

Well, consider the season officially gone to the crapper. We lost on the road to lowly Wofford today. Unbelievable that a team this talented can underachieve this much. I think it's officially past time to start the fireroddelmonico.com site.

Delmonico needs to be fired. Baseball program needs a change.

i agree, it's time for some fresh blood and a new attitude with the baseball program.

Well, we beat LSU 7-1. Maybe there is a chance in the fiery pits of hell that the Wofford game and the Vandy sweep... and the rest of the season woke this team up. Or maybe just a good night. We shall see. Not that LSU is in a much better position than us in the SEC...

VN Store

Back