We just dropped "The Mother of All Bombs" on ISIS

Have you all seen this weapon? -

Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP)

Apparently it's been around for a while. I only heard about it recently. It's 30,000 lbs (50% bigger than the MOAB)

5591449c6da811c950b77f22-750-502.jpg

Supposedly designed to be dropped 2 at a time from the B-2 Spirit. Serious bunker buster that can penetrate mountain sides.

I think we have to come to the realization that its going to be a two front war. One is classic bombing, like this, and use of cruise missiles and what not, to attack them when we can find them, especially leadership.

At the same time, we have to win the longer term, much less tangible war, of keeping them from converting people to their cause, and prevent them from inspiring the lone wolf types to act for them.

The hard part, of course, is going to be keeping the former from undermining the latter. There's no easy answer on that, its shades of grey, and I guess at some point we have to trust that the people making those tactical decisions have both in mind, as they pick and choose their actions.
I don’t think we can stop what has been happening in the Middle East for centuries. Warring is a continual tribal situation. To ascribe western values and culture on it is like trying to cut the heart out of a culture.
As for the fringe, they will always exist. Caught up in their belief they should support a cause even though they adopted it and weren’t born into it.

Reactions: tumscalcium

VN Store

Back