We have SEC football this weekend.

No...... Go Fla!!! Win'um all til we play them, would make winning look that much better. And god forbid, losing to them maybe not feel and look so bad.

It's an intense rivalry so BYU may play Utah close or even upset them.

The last 6 games have all been one score games with Utah winning. The Holy War is seriously one of the most underrated rivalries in CFB, they had to take a year off of it as it was getting too intense.

I can’t imagine playing a game in August in Orlando. I know those two are very used to heat and humidity but wow. Hope they have plenty of IV solution.

The last 6 games have all been one score games with Utah winning. The Holy War is seriously one of the most underrated rivalries in CFB, they had to take a year off of it as it was getting too intense.

It's easily a top 10 rivalry, it's one I go out of my way to watch.

You really want to see Miami come back from the dead?

No, not really.

But I'll pull for them to beat florida. It's just a fact of life proper.....a fundamentally righteous human quality...an inherent positioning of one's moral compass, if you will, to utterly loathe the florida gators.

You really want to see Miami come back from the dead?

For the season opener only. In the words of captain Marko Ramius, One win only! Ooops, 1 ping only? Oh well, gotta go with the Hunt for Orange October.

I like Florida in this game for a few reasons: better talent at all positions except maybe LB and that’s because Miami returns three 4-year starters, not because UF doesn’t have players there. Everywhere else I like Florida. Add in a Miami Freshman QB making his first career start, brand new head coach and brand new offense.

But opening games are always tricky, fluky stuff can happen and you’ve got the added disadvantage of not being able to study game film to get tendencies of the opposing team. If UF avoids wacky things like a tipped-pass pick six, or giving up some huge special teams play, or getting beat on a wild trick play or something, I think they’ll win by two+ scores.

Worse case scenario for UF is the o-line breaks down because it hasn’t jelled yet and gets Franks murdered, and they can’t run the ball, and all those bad things that come with poor o-line play. If that happens I think Miami can win a close game because I also can’t see Miami’s offense racking up big points against UF’s defense.

Miami has the defense to keep it close and they probably will keep it close for a half, but eventually I think UF pulls away.

Florida - 34
Miami - 16

VN Store

Back