We got SCREWED!!!!

We have a shot against Pitt. About the same chance against Kentucky. We would have to play excellent. But we have a shot.
You lost to Kentucky twice by a total of 37 points. If that's the "shot" you're speaking of, you must be firing blanks.

Tennessee will probably lose to Okla St. Especially if it comes down to coaching. If they happen to slip past the Cowboys, Pitt will tear them a new one.

Who cares what seed you get. All games are tough from now on. If Tennessee goes to Dayton and gets 2 wins now they will have the #1 slot in the East. You need 6 wins to get the title, it's time to shut up and play.

i think we could pull a surprise against pitt.... they have been hot and cold this year beating up on uconn, but losing to providence right after they got the number 1 ranking... if they let us sneak up on them its not impossible for us to steal one.... but in this bracket there's no way we go all the way

i think we could pull a surprise against pitt.... they have been hot and cold this year beating up on uconn, but losing to providence right after they got the number 1 ranking... if they let us sneak up on them its not impossible for us to steal one.... but in this bracket there's no way we go all the way

:lolabove::eek:k::good!:......Thanks for starting my morning off with that, man I am gonna be in a good mood all day now after reading that.

If we had not played the tough OOC schedule it could of been possible that we would not have made it to the dance this year. This season did not turn out the way alot of fans dreamed of but it did turn out the way CBP thought it would. I am a CBP supporter and hope he does not go anywhere because of the negativity being thrown at him from the fans.

We are in uncharted waters for our mens BB program going to the dance 4 consecutive years and CBP needs to be acknowledged for this accomplishment. I recall 5 yrs ago and later when we could not even put a competitive team on the floor. Now that we have drank from the glass of success some fans are demanding championships and final 4 showings. There is nothing wrong with those aspirations but be realistic when things don't turn out that way. This was a down year overall in the SEC in BB, alot of the teams have youth starting and will get better next season. We lost the best 3pt threat last season and if Lofton had not been here last year where do you think we would have been?

Looks like I'm in the minority here but I thought the #9 seeding was pretty much deserved, can't crow about wins over UF, Georgetown and Sienna and got our asses handed to us not once but twice apiece by both UK and Gonzaga and laid an egg in SEC championship game against an inferior opponent.

If we had not played the tough OOC schedule it could of been possible that we would not have made it to the dance this year. This season did not turn out the way alot of fans dreamed of but it did turn out the way CBP thought it would. I am a CBP supporter and hope he does not go anywhere because of the negativity being thrown at him from the fans.

We are in uncharted waters for our mens BB program going to the dance 4 consecutive years and CBP needs to be acknowledged for this accomplishment. I recall 5 yrs ago and later when we could not even put a competitive team on the floor. Now that we have drank from the glass of success some fans are demanding championships and final 4 showings. There is nothing wrong with those aspirations but be realistic when things don't turn out that way. This was a down year overall in the SEC in BB, alot of the teams have youth starting and will get better next season. We lost the best 3pt threat last season and if Lofton had not been here last year where do you think we would have been?

Well said, the negativity is ridiculous. We lost a lot of people last year. Crews and Smith were also a loss. Basketball is harder to recover from that many losses than football is because its a greater percentage of your team. Thats why basketball is harder to build a dynasty in. If you miss on one or two players it could be a down year. If that happens in football you usually have somebody closer in talent to fill in. With that said the LSU and UT at an 8 and 9 seed is just crazy. I hope all three SEC schools can advance to prove the critics wrong.

We screwed ourselves. Don't blame yesterdays lose on a ref. This team has no idenity to speak of. Mr. J.P. just thinks he is a Prince. He is legend in HIS own mind. CBP has called this team out in private and in public and they respond one game and not the next. There is no 'fire in the belly' with this group. Pearl made the comment that they tried too hard. They seemed awfully lose in pregame. There is total waste of talent on this team and I am not questioning CBP. These young men waste their own talent. They were one of the best teams talent wise in this tournament and must have thought that was enough. Let's hope that CBP can recruit a leader/three point shooter. Just a leader would go a long way with this group.

Your faith ever springs upward ,,,, If Tyler and JP don't get their act together and all of sudden become intelligent basketball players then Okie State will be playing Pitt.

I was there yesterday and I cannnot see how playing for the SEC Championship did not get these guys fired up, but they weren't.

A win against Pittsburgh in the 2nd rd would make Tennessee basketball history......then reality hits me and I get sick thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytrain5
This was clearly CBS, the selection committee, ESPN, and Mike Slive working in collusion with another to screw UT.

They're jealous of Kiffin and they're taking it out on Bruce. [/SIZE][/I]

They slept through most of the season.
They treated the SEC Championship like it was a game of horse at T-Recs
They lost to Alabama and Mississippi State in the last 10 days
You are right.....it's the NCAA's fault!

I would love to see a Tennessee-Pittsburgh matchup....i mean if you match them up down the line we can guard every starter....even blair! I mean we got some guys that can foul blair. Williams and Chism....maybe throw in Jurick lol....anyone can guard that little fat guard fields.....maybe we can run to the elite 8....just maybe

I would love to see a Tennessee-Pittsburgh matchup....i mean if you match them up down the line we can guard every starter....even blair! I mean we got some guys that can foul blair. Williams and Chism....maybe throw in Jurick lol....anyone can guard that little fat guard fields.....maybe we can run to the elite 8....just maybe

Man , y'all quit bitchin , you're in. No one knows what the outcome is going to be . At least you have the opportunity to advance . When TN is hitting on all cylinders they can play with any one .

VN Store

Back