We Got Our Wish

If I’m calculating this right JH has a 12 million dollar buyout. Meaning money shouldn’t be a probably with our next hire if it happens

8 million.

I think it’s still 12 million until Dec 15th. I know it’s 75% of his remaining salary and he’s 4m a year through 2025 right? So I’m calculating 3/4 of 16 at 12 and then 8m after December 15th

Heupel would owe Tennessee $8 million if he leaves for another job prior to Dec. 15, 2022. That figure drops by $2 million in 2023 and 2024, then by $1 million in the final two years of the contract, which expires Dec. 15, 2026

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I think it’s still 12 million until Dec 15th. I know it’s 75% of his remaining salary and he’s 4m a year through 2025 right? So I’m calculating 3/4 of 16 at 12 and then 8m after December 15th

you're thinking buyout if he got fired. Its 20 million until December 15, 2022 if we fired him. He would owe UT 8 million if he leaves.

its 8 million but money has never been UT issue.
So based off the exit fee penalty Oklahoma has to pay to Big12 that keeps fluctuating. Do you even see them willing to chance 8 million dollars? So yes this isn't necessarily a Tennessee question I know but that exit fee is still being negotiated last I heard and the Big12 is trying to rip Texas and Oklahoma off big time.

So based off the exit fee penalty Oklahoma has to pay to Big12 that keeps fluctuating. Do you even see them willing to chance 8 million dollars? So yes this isn't necessarily a Tennessee question I know but that exit fee is still being negotiated last I heard and the Big12 is trying to rip Texas and Oklahoma off big time.

money not an issue at Oklahoma. lot of oil money. not like A&M and Texas but lots..

It seems everyone was wanting the Gators to hire Napier. They did so hoping that's a good thing for us.

Lol. It’s not a good hire for us. Napier is a much better Xs and Os coach than UF has had in quite awhile. There will be no difference in the out comes of our games. UF beats us by 21+ next year in Neyland.

Reactions: VolnJC
money not an issue at Oklahoma. lot of oil money. not like A&M and Texas but lots..
I'm still in shock that Tucker got 95 million from MSU. No oil money there to my knowledge. A&M will get their money back if they win. Those extra 20k seats they've been filling will pay for the renovations. If they win.

Reactions: screenthis
Michigan State boosters are providing money not MSU
I know that. That seems to be the norm in all big time hires. I'm from Michigan and though they have successful programs (especially basketball) their boosters aren't mentioned much. Like a T Bone Pickens, Haslam etc. Winners seem to pay for themselves. I remember when Alabama was criticized for paying Saban 4 million a year. Im sure they recouped their money lol.

Reactions: LWSVOL

VN Store

Back