We are Kentucky’s daddy

Stoops has been building a program for 8 years while TN has been starting over every 3 or 4. Makes a difference. You're hard to beat when you start 9 seniors on Defense and have a seasoned Oline.

UK’s expectations and UT’s expectations are not even comparable.

It's the same movie we've seen the past few years - Kentucky still doesn't seem to move the ball in the air that much and just runs the ball a lot. Defense is their strong point it seems.

I like the match up. Our DL plays the run well which is their strength. They're not a high scoring offense. If we can get some early scores we can force them out of their rhythm.

Reactions: Warriorvol
Stoops has been building a program for 8 years while TN has been starting over every 3 or 4. Makes a difference. You're hard to beat when you start 9 seniors on Defense and have a seasoned Oline.

Also I drove through campus over there the other day and the new football facility is impressive. There used to be a major infrastructure gap but they have poured money into football at UK and it shows.

Reactions: Kentucky wildcat
UT obviously has a better program historically than Kentucky. But it is very doubtful UT will ever dominate Kentucky again like they did in the Majors- Fulmer era. Kentucky is legitimately better now and series will be much more competitive for the foreseeable future, imo.

Stoops is a good coach and has been recruiting well, so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. He has the KY fan’s believing, and more importantly his players. We need to avoid more injuries and get everyone healthy before we go to KY.

Having said that, I believe they lose to LSU tonight. They are not a 6-0 team.
They did beat LSU and are a 6-0 team

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
If we can jump out to big lead early with them we've got a good shot. I don't care what the differences are in roster depth. If we're slinging it and up a quick 21 or 28 points in the first Q that's a big hole for anybody to climb out of.
Just a heads up. We are not going to surprise teams with the no huddle and speed up later in the year. Each team is going to adapt and coach their teams to try and prevent this from happening before they play us. It’s going to be harder and harder each week to duplicate the first and 2nd quarters from the last two weeks.

Regardless of what happens the next 2 games we beat Kentucky’s arse in November. GBO

5pvueb.jpg

Reactions: Kentucky wildcat
I only worry if Kentucky finds an offense. If they found it this game, then we might be in trouble. If they revert back to what they did against UTC, USCe, Florida, then I don't see a way they can beat us. They put up 16 points against this USCe team we dropped 45 on. They will not be able to run for 300 yards against us like they did against LSU.

VN Store

Back