We are Kentucky’s daddy

Is this a Kentucky thread? They’re looking tough tonight. There’s a lot of NFL talent on that team. I’m taking the good guys but they’re gonna have to beat a really good team.

This isn’t your Daddy’s Kentucky team.

That being said, I don’t fear Kentucky and think they are world beaters, but they are solid. They are very good up front on both sides of the ball which is where games are won and lost, good stable of running backs, good front seven on D. They will give us problems. We would do well to be where they are by next season.

Stoops is a good coach and has been recruiting well, so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. He has the KY fan’s believing, and more importantly his players. We need to avoid more injuries and get everyone healthy before we go to KY.

Having said that, I believe they lose to LSU tonight. They are not a 6-0 team.
What?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Kentucky is to Tennessee as Tennessee is to Florida. It doesn’t matter who is the better team, they find a way to mess up to us, just like we do to Florida

Only one team can keep Georgia and Kentucky from deciding the East next week when they meet in Athens…. Tennessee.

People are sleeping on TN, TN still plays both of these teams and in my opinion, can beat both.

Ga and Ky fans would do good to remember this.

Kentucky is pretty darn good, tough to get a win but not impossible. Tennessee lack of depth might decide this game.

If we can jump out to big lead early with them we've got a good shot. I don't care what the differences are in roster depth. If we're slinging it and up a quick 21 or 28 points in the first Q that's a big hole for anybody to climb out of.

Reactions: Warriorvol
Only one team can keep Georgia and Kentucky from deciding the East next week when they meet in Athens…. Tennessee.

People are sleeping on TN, TN still plays both of these teams and in my opinion, can beat both.

Please jaws, don't troll us. there are folks here who might actually believe you. LOL. No way bro. No way

Not a shot in Hades they can beat Georgia.
Heck, looking at the Bama score they've got a better shot at beating them. Tenn is way too thin and inconsistent on O. Not to mention the D is even more inconsistent. With that said, I think the Vols keep it closer to them than originally thought a few weeks ago!

Yeah, this is a Vol fan forum, but c'mon. Get real. That Ky team is legit and we are just learning to "walk". I feel proud of our effort too but maybe we beat a good team before we run our mouths huh.

Ah, yes. Let’s temper our expectations. We’re not allowed to celebrate.

Thanks for the reminder.

Stoops is a good coach and has been recruiting well, so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. He has the KY fan’s believing, and more importantly his players. We need to avoid more injuries and get everyone healthy before we go to KY.

Having said that, I believe they lose to LSU tonight. They are not a 6-0 team.
good call as we go up 35-7 in the 4th

Better chance of beating Ole Piss at home than KY at their house. When was the last time TN beating KY would be considered an upset?

Reactions: Kentucky wildcat
As a person who lives in Kentucky, I want to believe this.

As a Tennessee fan, I need to believe this.

As someone attempting an unbiased assessment of UK football, I don’t think it’s true. If Kentucky plays clean (I.e.: no turnovers or stupid penalties) they are very good. They may not be deep enough or have quite enough talented athletes to challenge UGA for the East, but they’re super solid on the OL and DL.

As a person who lives in Kentucky, I want to believe this.

As a Tennessee fan, I need to believe this.

As someone attempting an unbiased assessment of UK football, I don’t think it’s true. If Kentucky plays clean (I.e.: no turnovers or stupid penalties) they are very good. They may not be deep enough or have quite enough talented athletes to challenge UGA for the East, but they’re super solid on the OL and DL.
Stoops has been building a program for 8 years while TN has been starting over every 3 or 4. Makes a difference. You're hard to beat when you start 9 seniors on Defense and have a seasoned Oline.

KY is looking solid tonight…before last week, KY wasnt that impressive. But they smacked Florida in the mouth and doing the same to LSU tonight. We will have our hands full the next several games. We have a pretty good team but these injuries piling up make me a little concerned.

Reactions: Samthebam
Better chance of beating Ole Piss at home than KY at their house. When was the last time TN beating KY would be considered an upset?

When was the last time TENN dropped two in a row to KY?

VN Store

Back