We are going to enjoy Billy Napier

London Vol

If this is the guy we are going to face for the next few years then we might just win 16 out of 17.

There we are 3rd and goal at the 2 inch line and we get stopped (allegedly) now its a very nervy decision what to do. Well dont fret, Billy Napier is on the opposite sideline. He goes Berserk (no idea why) and draws an unsportsmanlike penalty. Now its 1st and goal at the 1 inch line and we walk in. :)

If this is the guy we are going to face for the next few years then we might just win 16 out of 17.

There we are 3rd and goal at the 2 inch line and we get stopped (allegedly) now its a very nervy decision what to do. Well dont fret, Billy Napier is on the opposite sideline. He goes Berserk (no idea why) and draws an unsportsmanlike penalty. Now its 1st and goal at the 1 inch line and we walk in. :)
That should have been a touchdown on the play. When it wasn't, we shouldn't have had to burn a timeout. Then Billy goes derptastic and tries to get them to hurry it up when his defense was getting a free rest for no real reason

I still do not understand what he was so agitated about.

The biggest question to me was why the booth didn’t do an automatic review (as they just did on a very similar play for Florida).

I still wonder if we got that timeout back. All scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed without asking or a timeout needed. That could have been what set him off. When they announced the result they didn't say that Tennessee lost it's timeout and right to challenge.

I still do not understand what he was so agitated about.

The biggest question to me was why the booth didn’t do an automatic review (as they just did on a very similar play for Florida).

After witnessing his sideline antics yesterday and in the Fl-Ky game, I am now a strong advocate for drug testing of coaches at games. FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS came to mind when the cameras flashed onto him.

After witnessing his sideline antics yesterday and in their Ky game, I am now a strong advocate for drug testing of coaches at games. FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS came to mind when the cameras flashed onto him.

I’m not as quick to write off Napier as some. He’s working with a lot of deficiencies this year.

But when I watch him on the sidelines, I do get some anxiety because he reminds me of Butch Jones. I always thought Butch felt like an imposter and his feelings of inadequacy manifested in weird sideline outbursts.

I still wonder if we got that timeout back. All scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed without asking or a timeout needed. That could have been what set him off. When they announced the result they didn't say that Tennessee lost it's timeout and right to challenge.

Don’t think we got back the time out. Scoreboard said we had three before Heup called TO and then two after the review.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and 08Vol

He was upset because the officials gave us a timeout when the clock was at 0 for at least 3 secs before the timeout was called.

Maybe the ref's were making amends for the intentional grounding they didn't call on AR and the 2 horse collars against HH they didn't call.

Don’t think we got back the time out. Scoreboard said we had three before Heup called TO and then two after the review.

I'd say it's more likely the scoreboard was wrong. I've never seen a coach lose a challenge and there be no announcement that they lost the challenge, the timeout and the right to challenge.

He said he got upset at how long they were taking for the review lol.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
He is their Dooley.

If he was their Dooley they would have folded completely when they went down by 17 with about 8:00 left. They would have gone 3-and-out and Tenn would have scored again, giving us a 24 point win.

Instead they drove 150 yards over 2 drives and scored TDs on both drives to put them in a position to execute an on-side kick, secure it and possibly win the game.

Dooley teams always folded late in the 4th when they were down. Napier's didn't. He made decisions that cost his team and looks like a cabbage patch doll but his team didn't give up.

VN Store

Back