We are #4 most annoying fan base. But #1 in mediocre programs!

So you actually don't think we are relevant. Why do you post? The mid-90's statement was a slam at UT. We will be more than relevant very soon, despite what the miserable minority think.

Relevant is a relative term.

I think we're close. This team will be 200 percent better this year.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
If it's just for delusional entitlement, I don't mind that. They're just jealous of our history and afraid that we will be back.

As long as we are good hosts for visiting fans, and a bad experience for visiting teams during the game.

I imagine that for us, this poll will follow our rankings in the AP/Coaches pole, so let's shoot for number 1 in all of them!!!

Am I in denial, or are we really more annoying than GA fans? They literally bark in people's faces.
I have lived about half of my life in Tennessee and the other half in Georgia and I can tell you unequivocally and with 100 percent certainty that Tennessee fans are not even in the same stratosphere of annoyance and arrogance as Georgia fans are, and that’s with about 15 years experience in both states so not a small sample size at all.

Almost guarantee you bro, give this current head coach and staff a little time without the whining and moaning of the typical VN, you'll get the chance to redeem yourself. This is a real ball staff.
Not disagreeing with you on Pruitt but out of curiosity were you a butch supporter?

Not disagreeing with you on Pruitt but out of curiosity were you a butch supporter?
I tend to support them all--at least up to a certain point. Loved Kiffin, loved Dooley (because he was hilarious), liked Butch ok until he smoked that cigar, loved Fulmer. All said, I still stick by my assessment of this staff. Support or not, they're good.

I hope you guys went to some basketball games last year lol. That’s what ya gotta do
All fans are annoying to other fan bases. I live in SC and as a collective group of fans, they're probably not as bad as a lot of others, but a lot of them can be pretty annoying.

I have lived about half of my life in Tennessee and the other half in Georgia and I can tell you unequivocally and with 100 percent certainty that Tennessee fans are not even in the same stratosphere of annoyance and arrogance as Georgia fans are, and that’s with about 15 years experience in both states so not a small sample size at all.

Same.

I've lived in Atlanta for maybe 11 years total and Georgia fans are much more annoying than UT fans could ever imagine being. Not saying there aren't a lot of annoying Tennessee fans out there (we might even be in the top 10), but I'd put Georgia fans at either #1 or #2 (behind Ohio State) in terms of being most annoying.

Truth be told, everybody else's fans are insufferable to any loyal college fan. If this so-called writer doesn't understand that, he's not much of a writer, nor does he know spit about college football.

Who is it with the cow bells - Missouri? Gosh, so glad they're so far away. Next would have to be Vandy and their garbage scow horn.

Reactions: volgrad500

PREACH!! I live in Georgia now, and these guys are insufferable. What adds an element of "I'd-like-to-punch-you-in-the-throat-ness" to me is that the annoying UGA fans are generally upper middle class/rich frat boy types. We may have some loud rednecks. but for pure douche annoyance, Georgia fans are almost unmatched.

So you actually don't think we are relevant. Why do you post? The mid-90's statement was a slam at UT. We will be more than relevant very soon, despite what the miserable minority think.

I'm a Vols fan stuck in the 90s and I think it's a fair slam. it's been nearly 2 decades since our last legit shot at a NC be we act like "we're almost back" every year for countless years now.

However there's a HUGE part of the fanbase that was barely alive in the 90's They have no idea what winning looks like at UT nor do they have real expectations of it.

I would rather be slammed for being a delusional 90's fan than to be one of them.

Also, the portion of your post that I highlighted above, I would just like to point out, has been posted 3 billion times over the last decade with no real end in sight. Just wishful thinking.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
By annoying they must mean unwaveringly loyal to the core. There's not many fanbases that would deal with what we've been given and always come back asking for more each week

By annoying they must mean unwaveringly loyal to the core. There's not many fanbases that would deal with what we've been given and always come back asking for more each week
The wheat has certainly been seperate from the chaff that's for sure.

I'm a Vols fan stuck in the 90s and I think it's a fair slam. it's been nearly 2 decades since our last legit shot at a NC be we act like "we're almost back" every year for countless years now.

However there's a HUGE part of the fanbase that was barely alive in the 90's They have no idea what winning looks like at UT nor do they have real expectations of it.

I would rather be slammed for being a delusional 90's fan than to be one of them.

Also, the portion of your post that I highlighted above, I would just like to point out, has been posted 3 billion times over the last decade with no real end in sight. Just wishful thinking.
I cannot argue with your point other than to say it is how I truly feel. I became a fan back during the transition from Bill Battle to Johnny Majors. We were relevant then, even though our record year over year wasn't stellar. I roll with the flow a bit better than some. I sense a change in the mindset of the players to match the mindset of their coach. Orange tinted glasses I wear, not opaque orange colored.

Signed: Hillary Rodham Clinton

Reactions: Titan05
I cannot argue with your point other than to say it is how I truly feel. I became a fan back during the transition from Bill Battle to Johnny Majors. We were relevant then, even though our record year over year wasn't stellar. I roll with the flow a bit better than some. I sense a change in the mindset of the players to match the mindset of their coach. Orange tinted glasses I wear, not opaque orange colored.

Tennessee Vols fans have a great sense of Humor, much of which has developed over the last 15 YeArS

Reactions: Titan05
Darren Rovell is less significant than those who service kybos (porta potties). Any poll he cites is suspect.

The truth is that the vast, overwhelming majority of Vol fans are genial and generous, good guests and good hosts. Across the USA, chambers of commerce celebrate the Big Orange Caravan coming to town. The economic boon of hosting traveling Tennessee fans is legendary. Maybe, they don't love Rocky Top, but the payoff for hearing it dozens of times over a brief interval is well worth it. Face it, everyday folks would rather we visit than any other fan base. GBO.

VN Store

Back