WBB 2021 SEC Tourney Bracket

i have a question since this site has some that knows every thing since vandys women opted out of the season months ago do they still get money from the sec?

Personally, I think GA drew the better first-game draw as a 4-seed than we did. Arkansas continues to play well, while KY fell to Ole Miss. And facing SC or A&M would be a tossup. Doesn't look like we got any favors.

Agreed. Over the past two seasons, Arkansas has had a great showing in the SEC tournament. In 2019 they started on Thursday and upset a number of teams on their way to championship game where they lost MS State. Last year they started on Thursday and made it to the Semis.

We will have to be ready for either team that comes out of that Arkansas-Ole Miss matchup.

What do you think the LVs need to do to lock down a 3 seed for the NCAA. Assuming no early round upsets, would a win over Arkansas be enough or do the LVs need to take down SC again?

i have a question since this site has some that knows every thing since vandys women opted out of the season months ago do they still get money from the sec?
I know that teams that are facing NCAA penalties and impose a bowl ban on themselves lose out on SEC money.
Our football team didn't play their bowl game because of covid issues but they are still sharing in the SEC bowl payout.
I don't know for sure but I doubt the SEC would withhold money from a school that took precautions.

Wow, our reward for a 3 seed is a midnight stroll down murderer's row! IMO MIke N is a very, very good coach and Arky is unlikely to shoot as poorly as they did the first time we played them. Yikes!

Not ruling out any possibilities, and anxious to see how we face this huge challenge, but IMO we are far more likely to make the Sweet 16 than to advance to the finals of the SEC tourney.

Wow, our reward for a 3 seed is a midnight stroll down murderer's row! IMO MIke N is a very, very good coach and Arky is unlikely to shoot as poorly as they did the first time we played them. Yikes!

Not ruling out any possibilities, and anxious to see how we face this huge challenge, but IMO we are far more likely to make the Sweet 16 than to advance to the finals of the SEC tourney.
Arkansas still hasn't grown taller, so Tennessee will kill them on the boards again and can gamble on the perimeter knowing that Key is there to protect the rim. As long as Key doesn't get in foul trouble, I don't see Tennessee losing to Arkansas if a rematch happens.

I actually feel that’s a good matchup for us. Would much prefer to play Arkansas over UGA or Kentucky. Arkansas just doesn’t have the size or rebounding to matchup with us. If we can execute like we did the first time we played we should be good.

They’re going to be fired up though. They definitely didn’t like the way they lost to us. Ramirez has been playing better again lately as well. Will be a tough game but we have to show up no matter who we face.

How cool is it to have a double bye again though? Should help us even more on the boards that Arkansas has to play the day before and we don’t. Ole Miss is likely to give them a tough game too. Wouldn’t just outright hand that victory to Arkansas. Always a chance we could be facing Ole Miss.

How cool is it to have a double bye again though? Should help us even more on the boards that Arkansas has to play the day before and we don’t. Ole Miss is likely to give them a tough game too. Wouldn’t just outright hand that victory to Arkansas. Always a chance we could be facing Ole Miss.
Totally cool to have the double bye! Rest those legs, heals those bumps and bruises.

Don't mean to concede the Arky game at all and I realize our inside advantage. But Mike N is a good strategic coach, they do have a score to settle plus a recent great run in the SEC tourney, and are unlikely to wet the bed from 3 against us again. Yeah, I think I'll take Ole Miss!

Last edited:
I just saw that. Creme is usually a decent barometer for how the committee is thinking, so the LVs will have their work cut out for them to earn a 3 seed. That loss to GA was costly.
Agreed, and the win over SC has less value as their season goes on.

Here is the latest College Sports Madness Women's Bracketology. They have Tennessee as a #3 Seed opening against #14 Seed Idaho State. Here is their opening Bracket for Tennessee

#6 Seed Northwestern
#11 Seed BYU

#3 Seed Tennessee
#14 Seed Idaho State

Women's Basketball Bracketology

VN Store

Back