Way too early preseason USA top 25

I figured we would be ranked 24 or 25. We are on a little roll finished on a 6 game win streak with the bowl win.
True, but lost 5 of our best players. Tough to replace...but I think veteran OL and DLs anchor us to a similar record or even +1 win, even with a tougher schedule.

I agree with the above - I think we are probably an 8-5,9-4 top 15 type team by season’s end - 2021 we should be rolling big time

Reactions: Ratvol
2021 will be our break out year.... 2023 we will beat UF, UGA and that bammer school...
There's an Orange Crush coming...

GO VOLS

Can anyone make a valid argument as to why we should be top 25? Cause there isn't any good arguments to be made from last season.
Probably the fact that we ended the year going 7-1 with the only loss being a much closer game against Alabama than the final score showed.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
They have Clemson ranked 1 followed by Bama, LSU and Ohio St. Surprisingly we aren’t in their Top 25. Also was surprised to see they have Georgia at 11.
I just don't see LSU that high, the other 3 sounds about right, our season depend's on the QB, if whom ever the QB is the big IF word, if he play's well we could be top 15 at least.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I'm not surprised. Until we do more than barely sneak by Kentucky and eke out a win against Indiana, we don't deserve much love from know nothing pontiffs and yapping heads. We got to earn our way back. And despite my own and many of your belief that our choo-choo train is picking up steam and we're coming. We aren't there right now. Here's hoping we sneak up on OU end up knocking very loudly at the P5 competency door. Until then:

You keep a knocking but you can't come in
Come back when you've proven your worth and try it again

You say you're back for real but you can't come in
Come back when you've proven it and try it again

So until then, keep a knocking but you can't come in

Keep a knocking but you can't come in

I'm not surprised. Until we do more than barely sneak by Kentucky and eke out a win against Indiana, we don't deserve much love from know nothing pontiffs and yapping heads. We got to earn our way back. And despite my own and many of your belief that our choo-choo train is picking up steam and we're coming. We aren't there right now. Here's hoping we sneak up on OU end up knocking very loudly at the P5 competency door. Until then:

You keep a knocking but you can't come in
Come back when you've proven your worth and try it again

You say you're back for real but you can't come in
Come back when you've proven it and try it again

So until then, keep a knocking but you can't come in

Keep a knocking but you can't come in

LSU lost a lot of talent. Too high
Ga has a lot of talent too low
Clemson gets an automatic playoff bye every year regardless of talent.
Every poll has to have Ohio State near the top or their fans get their buckeye panties knotted up.
UGA has way too many new moving parts to do much this year.

UGA has way too many new moving parts to do much this year.
Qb and O coordinator are really the only "unknowns" On the team. They both could be a disaster or they both could be fantastic. I believe the offense will be fine for the simple fact it was terrible at times last year and we have the players in all the skill positions to come out strong with decent qb play(much like Tenn) as long as Newman is slightly above average we should be able to produce the same or better than we did last season with a better defense. 11 is too low. Somewhere around 5 or 6 seems about right to me.

Qb and O coordinator are really the only "unknowns" On the team. They both could be a disaster or they both could be fantastic. I believe the offense will be fine for the simple fact it was terrible at times last year and we have the players in all the skill positions to come out strong with decent qb play(much like Tenn) as long as Newman is slightly above average we should be able to produce the same or better than we did last season with a better defense. 11 is too low. Somewhere around 5 or 6 seems about right to me.
Who will be your starting 5 on O?
Who will play WR beside Pickens?
Will Zeus be able to carry the load and trust his knee?
Who will be the #2 RB and how will they preform?
How will the Oline function in the new zone blocking scheme that Matt Luke uses?
Huge questions around Newman against functional Ds
Huge questions behind the hiring of Monken (4 years as an OC total, was not a play caller last year, Okie St was not running the O, etc. Just an odd hire)

UGA should have the best D they have had in a long time, maybe ever. But the O and special times have the potential to be a disaster.

Reactions: VolinMC
Probably the fact that we ended the year going 7-1 with the only loss being a much closer game against Alabama than the final score showed.
Yea let's look at those games and see that we barely won them aside from USC... Try again?

How will the Oline function in the new zone blocking scheme that Matt Luke uses?
Huge questions behind the hiring of Monken (4 years as an OC total, was not a play caller last year, Okie St was not running the O, etc. Just an odd hire)

UGA should have the best D they have had in a long time, maybe ever. But the O and special times have the potential to be a disaster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200216-153226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-153226_Chrome.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 24
Yea let's look at those games and see that we barely won them aside from USC... Try again?
There's no need to try again, no matter what he says you're gonna shoot it down. You disagree.

I wouldn't have been surprised if we snuck in somewhere between 22 and 25 because of our finish and maybe some other teams dropping out for whatever reasons, whether we deserved it or not, that happens ever year.

I'm not surprised we're not either.

The previous post compares our oline to tenns(not what I was trying to do just didn't feel like typing out our linemen) at wr we have dom (should be back from injury) we will mainly be relying on younger wr which could present an issue just don't think it will. Rb we have Zeus, Kmac, Cook and the two new recruits.. Should be fine there with a committee approach. Not sure 100% but I believe the line was running the new zone scheme in the sugar Bowl and looked good doing it. Even if not with the players we had on the line last year it didn't meet anyone's expectations so change may have been needed. Newman and Monken are for sure unknowns at this point and I definitely have my concerns there but I think they will workout good enough for us to at least take the east again. That's why I say #5-#6 seems more likely for uga this season until we know exactly what we have.

VN Store

Back