'21 WAY TOO EARLY 2021 Class prediction

1) Rocker in no way **** the bed
2) What relationships did Rumph and Sherrer have developed? There’s a reason why they both went to the NFL where they don’t have to recruit.

3) Your post makes me think that you didn’t do much research about the two new hires, especially Felton

4) It’s just my opinion but I think Osovet is going to be a monster recruiter in the Northeast.

I’m more excited about this staff than I was the 09 group.

Rocker did **** the bed on the recruiting trail. Neids has been the only ringer so far. Tee and Ansley have yet to really hit their stride. I hope Graham can. Felton, no track record to even have a serious opinion about yet. Brumbaugh took some no names at Kentucky and got them drafted. That's impressive. What big names has he landed on the recruiting trail? Because I didn't look that far given where he has coached. He looks like he can coach, but he isn't a proven recruiter yet. I am 100% with you on Osovet. He wants it. I love that we are consistently get more 4 stars than 3s. That's how Clemson rebuilt. I'm talking about taking the next step in the program. I think we have to win 10 now to be taken seriously at the top level of recruiting.

Rocker did **** the bed on the recruiting trail. Neids has been the only ringer so far. Tee and Ansley have yet to really hit their stride. I hope Graham can. Felton, no track record to even have a serious opinion about yet. Brumbaugh took some no names at Kentucky and got them drafted. That's impressive. What big names has he landed on the recruiting trail? Because I didn't look that far given where he has coached. He looks like he can coach, but he isn't a proven recruiter yet. I am 100% with you on Osovet. He wants it. I love that we are consistently get more 4 stars than 3s. That's how Clemson rebuilt. I'm talking about taking the next step in the program. I think we have to win 10 now to be taken seriously at the top level of recruiting.

There’s a difference between saying that you aren’t sure if we can take the “ next step” vs saying you “don’t have high hopes for the next class due to staff turnover”...... after a top 10 class. Without a 10 win season next year, we probably aren’t moving into the top 5 even with 0 staff turnover.

I know this will likely be VERY wrong so you don’t have to tell me in the replies how you can’t predict this.. I know. It’s the dead period and there’s nothing else going on and I’m tired of constantly looking at the Evans thread so here’s something to think about.

As of right now, I think only 2 of our current commits (Howard, Washington) actually sign here

QB
4⭐️ Christian Veillux

RB
4⭐️ Cody Brown
3⭐️ Chavion Smith

WR
5⭐️ Troy Franklin
4⭐️ Adonai Mitchell
4⭐️ Walker Merrill

TE
4⭐️ Hudson Wolfe
3⭐️ Miles Campbell

OL
5⭐️ Nolan Rucci
4⭐️ Terrence Ferguson
4⭐️ Lawrence Seymore
3⭐️ William Griffin

DL
4⭐️ Keeshawn Silver
3⭐️ Deatrick Pennington
3⭐️ Tyas Martin
3⭐️ Isaac Washington

LB
5⭐️ Dylan Brooks
4⭐️ Demeioun Robinson
4⭐️ Junior Colson
3⭐️ Travali Price

DB
5⭐️ Isaiah Johnson
4⭐️ Andre Turrentine

ATH
3⭐️ Trinity Bell (TE/DL)
3⭐️ Elijah Howard (RB/WR/DB)
3⭐️ Javin Burke (likely a FS)

247 score: 286.13
To compare. That would be the number 7 class in the country for 2020

Also, the same people who are gonna say this is unrealistic are the same people who thought we weren’t gonna end up with a top 10 class, and we did soooooo deal with it.
I really want Isaiah Johnson and Dylan Brooks. Would be thrilled to land them both.

Honestly, I don't have high hopes with this class after the staff turnover. Maybe Tee and Jay can grab some high ranked players. Rocker **** the bed for us, and we've lost the relationships that Sherrer and Rumpf had developed. I don't see any highly rated DB's coming in this class because of depth. Kind of the same situation with the OLine as well this cycle. We most likely have our qb of the future. I don't see how this class is going to do more than add solid depth. 22 on the other hand will have some big holes to fill.
Really? We still got just as good of a staff/recruiters. IMO I think our new coaches are better because they open up Florida and other great areas for us in recruiting. We also look to be in great shape with Memphis, which was my only concern (not a big one) before I saw the new hires. Go Vols!

Reactions: hooter vol
There’s a difference between saying that you aren’t sure if we can take the “ next step” vs saying you “don’t have high hopes for the next class due to staff turnover”...... after a top 10 class. Without a 10 win season next year, we probably aren’t moving into the top 5 even with 0 staff turnover.
My high hopes are that we take the next step? Am I not making that clear?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Really? We still got just as good of a staff/recruiters. IMO I think our new coaches are better because they open up Florida and other great areas for us in recruiting. We also look to be in great shape with Memphis, which was my only concern (not a big one) before I saw the new hires. Go Vols!
I just think this fan base is going to start demanding top 5 classes. I have no complaints with the staff as currently configured. I am just an optimistic realist. It generally takes these guys 2 years of relationship building with a recruit to land them. Moving schools can greatly affect that. I also think the early signing day has messed with that. Even the big name kids sign early now. Just my opinion.

If we win 10 games this year, I see no problems with closing with a class that looks very similar to this. If we hadn't stumbled early in 2019, this past class would have looked different. I like our class, but it could have been incredible. 2021 class can be very elite if we take care of biness on the field, which I think we will.

I agree Glitch, as far as having a shot at 10 wins, but we don't know how Guarantano is going to pan out. I also think it's crazy to say Bailey is going to have it all together right off the bat if we have to Bench JG. How many loses are we going to take before all that plays out? There is just a lot that has to really go right. If the defense goes to the next level, like I think it can, this gets easier and easier to see. IF our OC decides that the strength of the team is the OLine and running back depth, with an occasional play action pass, it's plausible. I'm not a Cheney fan personally. He couldn't develop a running game when he was here the first time.

I agree Glitch, as far as having a shot at 10 wins, but we don't know how Guarantano is going to pan out. I also think it's crazy to say Bailey is going to have it all together right off the bat if we have to Bench JG. How many loses are we going to take before all that plays out? There is just a lot that has to really go right. If the defense goes to the next level, like I think it can, this gets easier and easier to see. IF our OC decides that the strength of the team is the OLine and running back depth, with an occasional play action pass, it's plausible. I'm not a Cheney fan personally. He couldn't develop a running game when he was here the first time.

We will see how things progress through the spring and in to fall camp. Hopefully, HB can transition quickly and take the reigns and never look back. However, if we have to roll with JG, I think that being in the same system two years in a row will be big for him in terms of continuity and growth. I thought 8 wins was most likely last year and that was where we landed. I had a different path to get there, but we got there. I think we can find two more wins on the schedule this year and get to 10 regardless of who is under center.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and VolDC
Honestly, I don't have high hopes with this class after the staff turnover. Maybe Tee and Jay can grab some high ranked players. Rocker **** the bed for us, and we've lost the relationships that Sherrer and Rumpf had developed. I don't see any highly rated DB's coming in this class because of depth. Kind of the same situation with the OLine as well this cycle. We most likely have our qb of the future. I don't see how this class is going to do more than add solid depth. 22 on the other hand will have some big holes to fill.
When we whip azz this year, recruiting will be about who we want, need. Not who’s left.

I know this will likely be VERY wrong so you don’t have to tell me in the replies how you can’t predict this.. I know. It’s the dead period and there’s nothing else going on and I’m tired of constantly looking at the Evans thread so here’s something to think about.

As of right now, I think only 2 of our current commits (Howard, Washington) actually sign here

QB
4⭐️ Christian Veillux

RB
4⭐️ Cody Brown
3⭐️ Chavion Smith

WR
5⭐️ Troy Franklin
4⭐️ Adonai Mitchell
4⭐️ Walker Merrill

TE
4⭐️ Hudson Wolfe
3⭐️ Miles Campbell

OL
5⭐️ Nolan Rucci
4⭐️ Terrence Ferguson
4⭐️ Lawrence Seymore
3⭐️ William Griffin

DL
4⭐️ Keeshawn Silver
3⭐️ Deatrick Pennington
3⭐️ Tyas Martin
3⭐️ Isaac Washington

LB
5⭐️ Dylan Brooks
4⭐️ Demeioun Robinson
4⭐️ Junior Colson
3⭐️ Travali Price

DB
5⭐️ Isaiah Johnson
4⭐️ Andre Turrentine

ATH
3⭐️ Trinity Bell (TE/DL)
3⭐️ Elijah Howard (RB/WR/DB)
3⭐️ Javin Burke (likely a FS)

247 score: 286.13
To compare. That would be the number 7 class in the country for 2020

Also, the same people who are gonna say this is unrealistic are the same people who thought we weren’t gonna end up with a top 10 class, and we did soooooo deal with it.
I can dig it.

9-3 means beating one of OU, UF, Bama, or Georgia and not slipping up against the Mizzou's and SCARs. I think there's a scenario where that's possible, but I do not think that's likely at this point.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I want Dylan Brooks more than any other player. To take an elite player out of Alabama that the Gumps also covet would really put the rest of CFB on notice that things are changing.

9-3 means beating one of OU, UF, Bama, or Georgia and not slipping up against the Mizzou's and SCARs. I think there's a scenario where that's possible, but I do not think that's likely at this point.
OU is replacing a qb and doesn't understand how to play defense anymore. UF is the key to taking the next step. Our depth chart is catching up with them. Bama won't have Tua, and we were in it late in the 4th last year. Georgia is replacing a qb, but we catch them late in the season because of a schedule change. They swapped with Mizzou. I think Mizzou and SCar are nose diving from a decade where they mattered. I agree with your thoughts here. If we get any kinda consistent qb play it may be a special season. Still a lot of ifs though and we lost two of the worst programs we have ever lost to last year. I didn't see that coming. Otherwise we would've had 10 wins last year.

OU is replacing a qb and doesn't understand how to play defense anymore. UF is the key to taking the next step. Our depth chart is catching up with them. Bama won't have Tua, and we were in it late in the 4th last year. Georgia is replacing a qb, but we catch them late in the season because of a schedule change. They swapped with Mizzou. I think Mizzou and SCar are nose diving from a decade where they mattered. I agree with your thoughts here. If we get any kinda consistent qb play it may be a special season. Still a lot of ifs though and we lost two of the worst programs we have ever lost to last year. I didn't see that coming. Otherwise we would've had 10 wins last year.

That is why I can see us at 10 wins when the smoke clears this coming season.

Honest question.

If we lose those four this year...OU,UF, UA and GA, but beat everyone else, to finish 8-4 for the season. Is that a big enough move forward to make you happy?

For me it will be, as long as those 4 losses look like we at least belonged in the game. If we can go 9-4 with a bowl win and look like we had a chance in the other 4, that's a good step forward.

I do however believe that 10-3 is not really that much out of the realm of possibility as 7-5 (which I believe, personally, should be the absolute basement).

Curious on opinions...

Honest question.

If we lose those four this year...OU,UF, UA and GA, but beat everyone else, to finish 8-4 for the season. Is that a big enough move forward to make you happy?

For me it will be, as long as those 4 losses look like we at least belonged in the game. If we can go 9-4 with a bowl win and look like we had a chance in the other 4, that's a good step forward.

I do however believe that 10-3 is not really that much out of the realm of possibility as 7-5 (which I believe, personally, should be the absolute basement).

Curious on opinions...

I would be happy with 8-4 with those losses if we were competitive. We BARELY beat UK and Missouri, so the notion that those are guaranteed wins and that we are going to beat UF and OU is a little silly to me (right now). UF absolutely throttled us last year and OU went to the CFP.

If the defense is elite, and Cade gets eligible, we could win one of those 4 IMO. Strong defense and a consistent run game wins games in the SEC.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I would be happy with 8-4 with those losses if we were competitive. We BARELY beat UK and Missouri, so the notion that those are guaranteed wins and that we are going to beat UF and OU is a little silly to me (right now). UF absolutely throttled us last year and OU went to the CFP.

If the defense is elite, and Cade gets eligible, we could win one of those 4 IMO. Strong defense and a consistent run game wins games in the SEC.

Like I said...honest question. We probably pretty much agree then.

If the defense takes a step up from where they are now (which I'm very proud of where they got to), they can mask some weakness in the offense. If the offense can take a good step forward... we have a possibility of 10-3.

We do anything beyond 10-3...I may not see a 2021 season...lol.

Reactions: Joe Dirt
Honest question.

Curious on opinions...

I would take 9-4 if we were competitive in the 4 losses but that ain't gonna happen. We are going to beat one of those 4 teams. I don't care which but one or more of them is going down.

I'd say a class in the 6 to 10 range should be expected so long as we have a decent year on the field. No reason to panic if it finishes a little lower than that though so long as some of our lower rated guys are physical specimens. 2021 should be a very good season for us barring catastrophe, and that could launch us into having or being around the top 5 every year in recruiting. Then, we really will be back. Gotta play the long game here.

VN Store

Back