Way too early 2020 predictions.

I think we see a return to power. We may drop one regular season game but still end up in the seccg. If we beat Bama in the regular season, we lose to them in the seccg. If we lose to Bama in the regular season, we beat them in the seccg and headed to the playoff. Mark it.
That would be dayamm sweet.:cool: 9-3 and a trip to the Outback Bowl would be great but 10-2 and a trip to the Sugar or Orange Bowls would be incredible.:D

Reactions: volnut1
My prediction is that Tennessee and the rest of the SEC does not play their current schedule.

I think we all end up playing a conference only schedule and crown a conference champion.

There will not be a national champion

My prediction is that Tennessee and the rest of the SEC does not play their current schedule.

I think we all end up playing a conference only schedule and crown a conference champion.

I wont be surprised if there's a 10 game season with 8 SEC games.

You may be right but hope not.

You may be right but hope not.

I really don't want to make this a political thread, but it's unavoidable.

There are leagues and schools in blue state areas that are not going to open up for the Fall. And I believe the SEC (being a red state area) is going to do its own thing to hell with what everyone else does.

So, it's hard to have a playoff if the PAC 12, Big 10, ACC, etc., isn't playing. The funny thing is the SEC I think would be the one league in agreement among its members. The majority of the ACC may want to do one thing, but what's Virginia, Syracuse, Pitt, etc., going to do?

I think the SEC is going to play....come what may.

I think we see a return to power. We may drop one regular season game but still end up in the seccg. If we beat Bama in the regular season, we lose to them in the seccg. If we lose to Bama in the regular season, we beat them in the seccg and headed to the playoff. Mark it.
Those are unrealistic expectations

Great enthusiasm. Abysmal prediction.

If we land Evans and JT should we set the over/under at 9.5 wins?

I predict we will go 13-0, beating the stuffings out of the Washington Huskies (led by JT Daniels) for the National Championship.

Then we beat the Super Bowl champ Packers in the first-annual Pro-Am football showcase, which will be held at the Swamp in Gainesville. Phil Fulmer conducts the coin toss while standing on Steve Spurrier's back, and all proceeds go to charity.

Ty Chandler has surgery to clean up unreported cartilage damage from 2018 and leads the country in yards from scrimmage. Trey Smith goes #1 in the NFL draft. Jarret Guarantano plays his way into the draft's first round, but is injured late in the season and relieved by wunderkid Harrison Bailey, who outduels Aaron Rodgers and leads Tennessee to the new Manning Team Trophy.

Oh there's gonna be a national champion, even if your prediction is 100% spot on.
, it's hard to have a playoff if the PAC 12, Big 10, ACC, etc., isn't playing.
Hard to say if there would be a coaches poll, but rest assured as long as more than one conference plays, there's gonna be an AP poll.

We're going pre BCS old school. Winner of the AP claims natty.

Heck. If the ACC & SEC both play, we could have a split national championship.

Oh there's gonna be a national champion, even if your prediction is 100% spot on.

Hard to say if there would be a coaches poll, but rest assured as long as more than one conference plays, there's gonna be an AP poll.

We're going pre BCS old school. Winner of the AP claims natty.

Heck. If the ACC & SEC both play, we could have a split national championship.

I think it will be the SEC vs. the world.

I think the SEC will be ready and willing to go in the Fall and no one else will because the entirety of their league won't. So, I mentioned some schools in the ACC where I don't think the Governors of their states will sign on. That exists in the Big10, Pac 12, ACC, and Big 12.

So, I think what they will do is try to convince the SEC to wait until the Spring. And the SEC will say, y'all do what you want, but we don't know if Governors will change their mind by then, we don't know if we'll have a new President and new Federal restrictions/policies, etc, etc, etc. So, the SEC will do its own thing.

And they'll whine and cry and accuse the SEC of putting money before lives and they'll be broke and screwed and the schools in the SEC will be stronger than ever when it's all over.

That's my prediction.

I think the SEC will be ready and willing to go in the Fall and no one else will because the entirety of their league won't. So, I mentioned some schools in the ACC where I don't think the Governors of their states will sign on. That exists in the Big10, Pac 12, ACC, and Big 12.

So, I think what they will do is try to convince the SEC to wait until the Spring. And the SEC will say, y'all do what you want, but we don't know if Governors will change their mind by then, we don't know if we'll have a new President and new Federal restrictions/policies, etc, etc, etc. So, the SEC will do its own thing.

And they'll whine and cry and accuse the SEC of putting money before lives and they'll be broke and screwed and the schools in the SEC will be stronger than ever when it's all over.

That's my prediction.
I think the Big XII will be a go and I think there will be some teams, like Clemson, who are already exploring scheduling ideas if BC, Syracuse and others aren’t going to be on board.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I think the Big XII will be a go and I think there will be some teams, like Clemson, who are already exploring scheduling ideas if BC, Syracuse and others aren’t going to be on board.

Looking at the members of the Big12.....yes, I think all of their members may be in full agreement as well.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I think things will go on as normal in CFB in 2020 and I think MLB will crank up a shortened season this Summer. I think the NFL will have a normal 2020 football season.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

That's my prediction.
Be a deluge of virtue signaling 'Think Pieces' & 'Conversation Starters' from the media if it plays out like that.

Then the ones that have AP votes will get off their soap boxes and vote........

(I'm trying very hard not to go political as well.....)

I can't see the Governors of California, Michigan and New York changing anything anytime soon to be playing football in the Fall of 2020. Don't know enough about the Governor of Pennsylvania (Wolf). He certainly hasn't been as vocal.

If that's the case, that's 4 schools in the Pac 12, Syracuse (ACC), Michigan and Michigan State (Big 10), and Pitt (ACC) and Penn State (Big 10).

And I just named the Governors who have been the most vocal or states that are most prominent. I don't know how steadfast the Governors of Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Illinois, Massachusetts, Virginia, etc., are going to be.

Reactions: robed20

Need to finishing out recruiting season strong & have another strong recruiting season next year. Need Bailey to develop quickly. Then maybe. New Year’s Day bowl about best we can hope for. Will take it.

Is this you Debbie?

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Need to finishing out recruiting season strong & have another strong recruiting season next year. Need Bailey to develop quickly. Then maybe. New Year’s Day bowl about best we can hope for. Will take it.
CBS Sports is saying Tennessee will be 9-3 this season and i'll happily take that:cool:

I really don't want to make this a political thread, but it's unavoidable.

There are leagues and schools in blue state areas that are not going to open up for the Fall. And I believe the SEC (being a red state area) is going to do its own thing to hell with what everyone else does.

So, it's hard to have a playoff if the PAC 12, Big 10, ACC, etc., isn't playing. The funny thing is the SEC I think would be the one league in agreement among its members. The majority of the ACC may want to do one thing, but what's Virginia, Syracuse, Pitt, etc., going to do?

I think the SEC is going to play....come what may.
It's already political and we are all going to hurt from it if they don't get it together.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

VN Store

Back