Watchmen on HBO

This show has been consistently mediocre but this last episode was awful. As mentioned about about series show runner and his history of meandering and pointless plot lines...it sure looks like this is what is happening here. About the only thing that is interesting is why that dude is on the other planet and making clones. The Tulsa story line is almost pointless.

This show has been consistently mediocre but this last episode was awful. As mentioned about about series show runner and his history of meandering and pointless plot lines...it sure looks like this is what is happening here. About the only thing that is interesting is why that dude is on the other planet and making clones. The Tulsa story line is almost pointless.

giphy.gif

I’m gonna be honest.... you’re probably all alone on this one.

The stories are going to coalesce.

I’ve read this is planned as a single season series but they have a lot to wrap up in just a couple episodes.

Last episode was good. Hopefully they can wrap this up soon and HBO can find a good multi season show to make.

Reactions: hog88
This episode answered a lot of questions. Structured almost identically to the Dr M origin issue of the book. I don’t recall the movie pulling this off even remotely close.

I was completely wrong about Ozzy. I thought he was making those servants. I also thought the raining squid were a side effect gone awry for the initial squid invasion but he was controlling that the whole time. Of course that leaves the question, who has been controlling it since he was zapped away to Europa?

I’m also thinking Angela’s kid has some Dr M powers. That he has transferred them as mentioned at that bar. I remember him levitating that castle in the early episode. I thought it was just some kind of magnetic Legos but now I think he was doing it.

Still a lot of loose ends for final episode.

Also the whole bit when Ozzy tells Jon that cultural appropriation isn’t cool in 2009 gave me a good chuckle.

i've gone back and forth. i liked how it started. kinda flat in the middle, and it's picked up a bit. i'm in. last couple of episodes have been good for tying the story together.

I’ve enjoyed the series, it’s certainly interesting but there ain’t no way I could explain it to someone that isn’t watching it. I don’t even understand it.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I’ve enjoyed the series, it’s certainly interesting but there ain’t no way I could explain it to someone that isn’t watching it. I don’t even understand it.

Honestly I don’t see how anyone who isn’t familiar with the source would understand it all.

Honestly I don’t see how anyone who isn’t familiar with the source would understand it all.
i'm no expert, and aside from the few things from the movie that were changed from the original story line, i am glad i at least have the moview as a reference point.

but yeah, that's all it is...a reference point....if you go in w/no frame of reference, you could get turned off pretty quick....

I'm not a Watchman superfan or anything but I know the original story and I saw the movie; but it's been a while. My wife went in with almost nothing and she's constantly asking questions. Some I can answer, some I just kinda shrug. And trying to explain some of it, I feel like a crazy person.

That finale was awesome. Got all the answers I needed. Two gripes because I can't help myself.

Trieu didn't anticipate Abar being there, which they pointed out, so I'm thinking somehow that's going to be the foil to Trieu's plan (after all, this is a story where the two main protagonists are women). Nope. Abar had nothing to do with it, even though when they were killing Manhattan she could have just walked over there and kicked her ass and stopped everything. There was literally nothing and nobody to stop her. Instead, she just cried as she watched Manhattan die.

One movie/TV trope that drives me insane is when somebody gets a warning just in the nick of time, but doesn't act on it, and ends up fine. Abar gets the call from Spectre to get cover from the frozen squids and she's literally the last person there to react.

I thought it was just ok.

The whole frozen squids thing was lame, mainly because they didn't even follow their own logic. Veidt says everyone in a 5 block radius will be destroyed, and it shows one going through Lady Trieu's hand. And yet it only kills a bunch of extras and Angela is able to grab a case and run to safety fine. Looking Glass ends up being a glorfied extra and his "He talks too much" was groan worthy.

The whole frozen squids thing was lame, mainly because they didn't even follow their own logic. Veidt says everyone in a 5 block radius will be destroyed, and it shows one going through Lady Trieu's hand. And yet it only kills a bunch of extras and Angela is able to grab a case and run to safety fine. Looking Glass ends up being a glorfied extra and his "He talks too much" was groan worthy.

Now I don't feel too picky about my gripes, LOL.

Lol I totally agree on the “talks too much“ line. That was some juvenile writing at its finest.

VN Store

Back