• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Watching Spring Football Games

preacherrandy

I have been watching the spring games and I know they are only glorified scrimmages but a couple things have stood out to me. One South Carolina game was better than a sleeping pill and secondly; watching and listening to Greg McElroy (LSU game) gets on my best nerve.

I watched all three games cause I was bored....anyways.....my takeaways from three extremely meaningless games...which mean absolutely nothing... based on what I saw... in a nutshell are:

1) SC looks like a very balanced team...great offense , great defense.....I may be wrong but I think they could have a better year this year...they have some really good football players

2) LSU has a really good defense...as usual...but I wasn't impressed with their QBs or rbs...online looked ok tho

3) wasn't extremely impressed with ole Miss... but their defense looked pretty good....also wish we had their wr..dude is 6-7 and 230 lbs....he will be in NFL someday . Kid is good

Anyways...these are my takeaways which mean absolutely nothing but can't wait to see our team next sat evening!!!...WGWTA!!!...GBO!!!

I only watch the Vols' spring game, don't really care about the others TBH. I never use it and try to gauge how good/bad the team will potentially be, I just watch it for the fun of it. Some years were more fun than others.

Last edited:
I’m gonna record the spring game. I can’t bring myself to watch other team’s spring games.

It is free to get in right? I've never been but thinking about it to take my son (4 years old) and daughter (9 years old.) My daughter has went to an actual game before and loved it, it'd be the first time my son has been to a "game".

1. What's there for kids to do before the game? Will they have the Vol Village?

2. What's the weather going to be like Saturday?

I
It is free to get in right? I've never been but thinking about it to take my son (4 years old) and daughter (9 years old.) My daughter has went to an actual game before and loved it, it'd be the first time my son has been to a "game".

If your 4yr old is anything like mine, your going to be one miserable somebody.

Don't do it to yourself or your kid. Everyone is always anxious to bring their kids into Vol fandom but 4 yo is too soon. Can you imagine what he is going to get out of it? He will be bored before they even start. Wait til he is 8 or nine and knows what Vol football is, or any football for that matter.

VN Store

Back