Watching Gator Bowl replay on SECN right now

Watching it now too....Eric Gray is a premiere back. Is it fair to compare him to Jay Graham?

Reactions: feathersax
It's either-or with Gitmo.....There is no in between.
Pretty much this . There’s never a game where you’re like “JG was pretty solid and under control, i thought he missed a couple of throws that I’m sure he wanted to get back, but he responded with a nice 13 play drive to end the half and we just cruised from there.”

this game sux

Yep. I can only watch the last 5 minutes; and even that is hard. WHY Crouch didn't get the ball 3 straight times to keep possession at the end is beyond me; and why didn't he get the ball on the goal line in the first half; instead of JG overthrowing WR's in the end zone? LUCKY to get a W. Some people need to take a lesson from that game; and stop outsmarting themselves. JMO.

I have trouble remembering what I ate for dinner the night before but I was amazed at how much I didn't remember things in the 4th quarter of that game....Forgot about IU's kicker missing that 50 yard FG to the right that could have won the game.....Forgot we gave up that long pass play like the BYU game that could have set up a game winner for them but turned out the D stood up. Forgot our offense had a chance to put the game away more than once. Forgot JJ being a foot short of a first down and then Kennedy advancing the ball a yard before the snap that got flagged and stopped the clock.

We did some great things to win the game in the last 5 minutes but we also did some things to try and lose it too.

Last edited:
Magnified the need to come up with some offense in the red zone. Is JG late on his throws? We had WRs who could out jump and out muscle the DBs, but still couldn't score. This was a big problem all last year.

Magnified the need to come up with some offense in the red zone. Is JG late on his throws? We had WRs who could out jump and out muscle the DBs, but still couldn't score. This was a big problem all last year.
Saw that in the replay last night too. Couple of times if it had been JJ I think he would have made those end zone catches. But also JG was throwing too high at times and nobody could have caught it.....IMO JG does that out of fear of being picked off.

Yep. I can only watch the last 5 minutes; and even that is hard. WHY Crouch didn't get the ball 3 straight times to keep possession at the end is beyond me; and why didn't he get the ball on the goal line in the first half; instead of JG overthrowing WR's in the end zone? LUCKY to get a W. Some people need to take a lesson from that game; and stop outsmarting themselves. JMO.

Serious question. Did Crouch get any carries other than goal to go situations? If he didn’t, I can understand not trusting a most of the time linebacker with the ball in his hands late in the fourth quarter.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Hindsight is 20/20, but I was at the game on about the 25 yd line and told my wife during the warm-ups that JG was overthrowing almost all of his passes. Turned out to be the pattern of the game.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Serious question. Did Crouch get any carries other than goal to go situations? If he didn’t, I can understand not trusting a most of the time linebacker with the ball in his hands late in the fourth quarter.
Crouch has good hands; played RB in HS too. That's a non issue. Tenn should have lined Crouch and JJ up in the backfield and punched 3-5 yards at every crack. Right behind Smith. No way to stop it.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Crouch has good hands; played RB in HS too. That's a non issue. Tenn should have lined Crouch and JJ up in the backfield and punched 3-5 yards at every crack. Right behind Smith. No way to stop it.

I know he was a RB. However, I fail to see how giving a freshman linebacker, who only had 7 carries on the season is a non issue that was unstoppable.

VN Store

Back