Watch TV - Listen to Radio

thebane5

Out of town VOL, so I rely on watching games on TV. Problem is, most all announcers suck, and I prefer to listen to the game on the radio with TV volume down. Due to the stupid delays, they are never in sync. As smart as VolNation is, I'm assuming somebody has figured out a way around that problem, so spill the beans. How can I watch the game on TV, and listen to the game on radio, and have them be in sync?

Reactions: IPleadInsanity
Out of town VOL, so I rely on watching games on TV. Problem is, most all announcers suck, and I prefer to listen to the game on the radio with TV volume down. But I tried that once and Kesling sucks so much I had no idea what game I was watching. Why hasn’t UT fired his ass?

FYP

1) DVR the game.
2) Pause live action and synch up with the radio
3) Press play

It's TV that's delayed. Radio is ahead of TV.

With that said, I don't know why anyone would rather listen to Bob Kesling than Brad Nessler or any of the other TV guys. Bob is a super nice guy, but one of the most boring play-by-play broadcasters ever.

Sling is the worst for delays, I'm usually reading about plays in the gameday thread before I see them on TV.

It's TV that's delayed. Radio is ahead of TV.

With that said, I don't know why anyone would rather listen to Bob Kesling than Brad Nessler or any of the other TV guys. Bob is a super nice guy, but one of the most boring play-by-play broadcasters ever.
We do it despite Kesling. We listen to hear Tim Priest and supporting crew.

Sling is the worst for delays, I'm usually reading about plays in the gameday thread before I see them on TV.
I have friends who think I shpuld be a coach for this. I'll be on the thread which generally is ahead of the streaming. I'll read something like "great pass by Maurer", then I'll say thw defense is set up to be burnt on a pass play if Maurer can see it. Then it happens and they're freaked out😄. I do it on defense also.

I have friends who think I shpuld be a coach for this. I'll be on the thread which generally is ahead of the streaming. I'll read something like "great pass by Maurer", then I'll say thw defense is set up to be burnt on a pass play if Maurer can see it. Then it happens and they're freaked out😄. I do it on defense also.
Now that's funny. Going to use your trick for family entertainment.

Reactions: joevol33
I live out of state and have the same issue about many of the tv broadcasters and also like to listen to the UT broadcast. I solve the problem by recording the game on TV, then going to the recorded version while listening to the game on the Sports Animal app. I can either advance or pause the telecast to sync it to the radio broadcast. The radio broadcast, because it is streaming,doesn't go along at the same pace as the TV broadcast so it is necessary to constantly re-sync the two. I don't mind Kesling and I get much more information about the team from Tim Priest and Brent Hubbs.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Out of town VOL, so I rely on watching games on TV. Problem is, most all announcers suck, and I prefer to listen to the game on the radio with TV volume down. Due to the stupid delays, they are never in sync. As smart as VolNation is, I'm assuming somebody has figured out a way around that problem, so spill the beans. How can I watch the game on TV, and listen to the game on radio, and have them be in sync?
It can be worked out if the origination radio station would determine the delay caused by the satellite broadcasting and delay their broadcast the same number of seconds. Actually should be pretty easy.

Last edited:
I’m currently out of town also and the way I had to do it was to stream the game on my iPad and stream the radio broadcast via the UT sports app on my iPhone. The video was running behind the audio stream so I paused the audio coming from my phone until I got them in sync. At home I can pause the DVR or audio stream as needed.

I’m not a big fan of Kesling, I really miss hearing John Ward, but I like to listen to color commentary with a Vol bias.

VN Store

Back