Was UGA a fluke...or will it be a trend?

thunder5

Cause I like to party
I say the odds are 40% fluke...60% trend right now...IMO.

I say this because I've always thought we had the talent for that type of play but for some reason we were nowhere near playing at that level...

The numbers will go down for fluke and up for trend with each subsequent victory...

But right now I'm still a little hesitant to say we're back to good ol' fashion UT football...

Those first four games were just too much of a polar opposite from the UGA game for me to fully believe we've turned a corner

If you go back and watch the Arkansas State game, you will notice improvement in the run defense. However, there were still plays where it seemed the intensity was not there, but other plays where the d-line stuffed the run. I was surprised to see as much improvement as I did against Georgia. However, part of it may be that Georgia just does not have a top notch run offense and a very sporadic quarterback. Don't get me wrong, Georgia would be Arkansas State.... but some teams have been hitting Tennessee right in their weakest spots on Defense.... Georgia did not. The other key that helps is field position. Now that Colquitt is healthy, I don't expect to see very many short field situations like happened in the first 3 games. That does nothing but help the offense.

I think if Fulmer coaches like every game could be his last we are back to Tennessee Football and if thats case the way we played Georgia is gonna be a trend

I think trend. But I'm concerned about a letdown this week. Seems like every game where a team is really impressive is followed by a game where they just don't seem to click. And that can be dangerous on the raod against someone like Mississippi State.

I think that it is more of a trend then a fluke. I think that we will have close games against Alabama and SC but should win them. Our defense is not going to be facing anymore spread offenses this year and will only get better barring injuries.

Don't they always say it's always somewhere between your best and worst games. I'd say were aren't as good as we were in the GA game and not as bad as the Fla game but somewhere in the middle.

I think it wasn't a fluke or trend. I think we finally played the level of football we should play. But I don't think we will play a game like that again this season. We have played one good game this year and four medicore to awful games. I would expect the level of play we showed last week to be repeated to often this seqason.

Let’s hope it’s a progress of talent and that we are just getting better each and every game after a slow slow start.

I like the 40% fluke/60% trend. It seems Fulmer and company are more dialed into UGA's scheme, etc. than any other SEC program, hence the wonderful Saturday performance. If I see continued excellent play this Sat, I'll become more hopeful.

MSU will be tough and I'm concerned about injuries. Even with a win, this is the type of game that beats everyone up before the hated bama and USC games and could affect our performance in the out weeks.

I like the 40% fluke/60% trend. It seems Fulmer and company are more dialed into UGA's scheme, etc. than any other SEC program, hence the wonderful Saturday performance. If I see continued excellent play this Sat, I'll become more hopeful.

MSU will be tough and I'm concerned about injuries. Even with a win, this is the type of game that beats everyone up before the hated bama and USC games and could affect our performance in the out weeks.

I think your right. Im going to be a bit concerned about the injuries myself because the front line of MSU is tough, not taking anything away from GA, but I think that front is going to be a battle.

The excitment of the GA. game last week reminds me of the excitment of the Cal game last year, and you know what almost happen in the game (Air Force) after the cal game last year. I hope the MSU game this Saturday isn't as close as the Air Force game was last year. :eek:hmy:

Trend. The problem with this team had been Special Teams play and Defense. With Colquitt back 100% the ST play should stay consistent. It looks like the DT's are coming along solidly with some depth being developed. With that improvement the linebackers had their best game of the year and show the type of play we expected at Cal. The secondary is crazy young but looks to be getting settled. Barring injuries I think UT wins out, but the Ark and Uk games scare me a bit.

VN Store

Back