Warlick says players have changed since she became coach

CHW needs to step up after losses and put the onus on herself and the coaching staff and show some maturity while showing her team that it is okay to admit you don't have all the answers because these women are watching not only from a basketball perspective but a perspective on life as well.

After reading, this wasn’t as bad as some of you guys made it to be! 🙄🙄🙄

Idc what anyone says, this was hilarious because it’s soooooo true!!! 😂😂😂

‘Asked if the players are afraid to take a charge, Warlick said there’s “probably a little fear factor because you’ve got to take a hit.’’

Warlick added: `I’ll say this: We’re good at charging into people.’’ 😂😂😂

I hate to admit it, but I laughed at that last quote.

She's nuts.....put her in the looney bin!!!
looneybin.jpg

Holly is correct, the players have changed. The ones we had 7 years ago were coached well. The players we have today have someone called a coach but this someone has no idea how to coach. The players reflect their coaching or the lack of it! The Lady Vols will NEVER NEVER change with HW ! I am sure PF knows this to be true. I am not sure he will do anything to correct the situation. He is probably afraid to fire a women coach. His only hope is to get her another job.

Last edited:
Jimmy’s blog: Warlick says players have changed since she became head coach | WNML-AF

Completely delusional IMO. Back to blaming players. A whole lot of comments on how the players lack fundamentals and are soft, but nothing about how she hasn't adapted to the changes in the way the game is played.

All these low IQ and unskilled players don't seem to have any problems being coached by Muffet, Geno, Jeff, Tara, Vic and a whole slew of other capable coaches.

Further proof that she lacks self awareness.
Agreed but the question is Will the Lady Vols have a new coach after this season? My fear is that they finish the season strong, she comes back next year and we do this all over again

Been away for a few days. HW is disgraceful and appears clueless about how what she is saying damns her as a coach. Totally trashing the whole team is what, going to save her job? Is there something in the water? Require her to get a scan of her head! One on one drills with mail practice players signifies what Holly? It is done every year in top programs. This truly is the worst rambling of a plainly inadequate coach I have ever heard out of her.

Holy cow, people. All she said was that players come in without basic fundamentals, such as the desire to and understanding of how to draw a charge, and that coaches today have to spend an inordinate amount of time teaching that stuff. Everything she says in that interview is true. And she apparently still has a sense of humor about all the criticism. Criticizing her for the losses is legitimate; criticizing her for seeing what needs to be done but not actually being able to get it done is legitimate; but criticizing her every statement is preposterous. It's like Alex Jones has become a Vol fan: "She had beets for lunch... BEETS! The only reason to have BEETS... is ... you WANT ...the TEAM ... to LOSE!"

Holy cow, people. All she said was that players come in without basic fundamentals, such as the desire to and understanding of how to draw a charge, and that coaches today have to spend an inordinate amount of time teaching that stuff. Everything she says in that interview is true. And she apparently still has a sense of humor about all the criticism. Criticizing her for the losses is legitimate; criticizing her for seeing what needs to be done but not actually being able to get it done is legitimate; but criticizing her every statement is preposterous. It's like Alex Jones has become a Vol fan: "She had beets for lunch... BEETS! The only reason to have BEETS... is ... you WANT ...the TEAM ... to LOSE!"

Don’t know about others but I can explain why it bothered me.

First of all, as she has always done, she took no responsibility for anything. All our problems are because of the kids. Nothing to do with her teaching or lack thereof.

And the final straw was her disrespectful statement about Pat. She would rather throw her mentor under the bus, than say she is doing something wrong.

They don't draw a charge because they don't know how to fall. Only on the rarest of occasions do I see the "hips thrust back on impact and landing on a butt-slide. Most often I see a grimace and a thud.

Coaches shouldn't have to teach a single fundamental after the players first season and off-season.
The 1st season should show the players their shortcomings. The first off-season a fundamental coach works with them on those things.

I can be there this summer

Reactions: Amb3096
Sounds l
Jimmy’s blog: Warlick says players have changed since she became head coach | WNML-AF

Completely delusional IMO. Back to blaming players. A whole lot of comments on how the players lack fundamentals and are soft, but nothing about how she hasn't adapted to the changes in the way the game is played.

All these low IQ and unskilled players don't seem to have any problems being coached by Muffet, Geno, Jeff, Tara, Vic and a whole slew of other capable coaches.

Further proof that she lacks self awareness.
Sounds like Holly is the Sherri Coale of the SEC. At least/most Holly can recruit.

On a UConn site her interview has them sad for us. Well at least one of them. Unfortunately I agree:

"...she is over the edge. It is so shocking and sad to have her confirm in such a nice compact interview just how dim witted - yes, dim witted - she is. But also desperate. The AD is her buddy and I'm sure he's told her she cannot hang on unless she pretty much wins out or turns the fan base against the players and for her. Yes, that is just how simplistic and ugly it is in Tenn sports and a whole lot of other places. Hell, she's been there forever and had 7-8 years of $575 K + to fatten that retirement check from this state institution. Take your Harley, your terrible ensemble and your lack of talent out of town at the end of the season Holly. Do it to pretend you care about Tennessee WCBB. This has become beyond painful to witness. I want to be able to have a good natured "hate" for Tenn; not the Tenn she's made."

Don’t know about others but I can explain why it bothered me.

First of all, as she has always done, she took no responsibility for anything. All our problems are because of the kids. Nothing to do with her teaching or lack thereof.

And the final straw was her disrespectful statement about Pat. She would rather throw her mentor under the bus, than say she is doing something wrong.

Yes agree with you..... whereas the statement in and of itself is not offensive.... she always goes to criticizing her players to cover her own butt....

I think back 20 years to when Bob Davie was struggling at Notre Dame..... he was quick to cite Notre Dame's extremely difficult admissions standards.... sounded plausible until looked at Stanford's success

Reactions: mcannon1
CHW needs to step up after losses and put the onus on herself and the coaching staff and show some maturity while showing her team that it is okay to admit you don't have all the answers because these women are watching not only from a basketball perspective but a perspective on life as well.

What else do u guys need from Holly? she has given all she can. "A pigeon can only bleed according to it's size".

Reactions: Rockyjr and T.J.
Everyone keeps talking about personal responsibility with Holly and what she needs to do. She doesn't need to do any explaining at this point. She is who she is. And what difference would it make unless your thinking it was soften enough minds that she will have enough support to return which very well could happen. She just needs to finish the season then hit the bricks.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Coach Rick Barnes is a great coach..
Rick Barnes wasn't getting it done in Austin, not even with Kevin Durant. A change of scenery did his career wonders. The same may be true of Holly.

Reactions: sisaq

VN Store

Back