WandaVision on Disney+

Again, he was cast in this role with the intention of Wandavision being the 4th installment on phase 4. It's possible something about mutants would have already been revealed by now in The Eternals, Black Widow, or The Falcon and the Winter Soldier that wouldn't have made this Evan Peters reveal that significant.

Well for one you're making a pretty big assumption mutants would have been addressed and two, I fail to see when it was released had anything to do with whether this ending up being a setup for a meta dong joke was a stupid decision or not. I think you vastly underestimate the popularity of Evan Peters' Quicksliver in the X-Men franchise, outside of Jackson's Wolverine he may be the most popular thing about that franchise. Even if it came at the end and mutants had been addressed this would have been received poorly. Even people praising the series have said this was a huge miscalculation if there isn't a bigger payoff.

As I said before replace EP with Hugh Jackman and have him end up being a meta joke and tell me the backlash wouldn't be pretty bad.

I think Bettany was just trying to be funny and it backfired. The week after Vanilla Vision appeared he was already saying he was talking about himself and somewhat apologizing for being misleading.

I think Olsen just doesn’t quite get the gravity of Luke Skywalker to Star Wars and used that hyperbolic analogy for Evan Peters as QS.

It was a screw up on both of their parts.

The build up to the mystery astrophysicist was a major letdown. I think EP as a meta joke would have been fine if it wasn’t strung along for 3 episodes. Those let downs are both on the writers.

That said, I still thought it was a really good series that added much needed depth to both Wanda and Vision that had been lacking in the Avengers films.

Reactions: Rockytoptalker
I liked it much better than I’m liking Falcon and Winter Soldier

FAWS is much more traditional and straight-forward in the same lane as Winter Solider. I think Wandavision was better in that it wasn't so traditional and wasn't afraid to go in a different direction, but I still knock it down a few pegs for trying to be too cute with the "meta" crap and then acting like they didn't get the backlash and criticism.

I think overall they are about equal for different reasons.

Reactions: BenGrimm
FAWS is much more traditional and straight-forward in the same lane as Winter Solider. I think Wandavision was better in that it wasn't so traditional and wasn't afraid to go in a different direction, but I still knock it down a few pegs for trying to be too cute with the "meta" crap and then acting like they didn't get the backlash and criticism.

I think overall they are about equal for different reasons.

Pretty fair assessment.

I will say my wife who only half pays attention to this stuff really enjoyed WV, looked forward to watching it each week even, but she is struggling to stay interested in FAWS.

Although we watched First Avenger with the kids last weekend and, despite me explaining the whole backstory more than once, it hit her that Bucky was Steve’s friend in WWII. Now she is more interested in these final few episodes.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

VN Store

Back